Head of Outbound Sales Development at Miro
The Outbound Sales Development teams are a critical component of our go-to-market pipeline strategy and presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. This role will directly fuel additional revenue growth and success for the business. As the key member of the Austin leadership team, you will be a part of scaling our office, hiring a large share of the new team members, and creating a unique blend of Miro and Austin culture. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
As the Head of AMER Outbound Sales Development, you will own the Outbound SDR prospecting responsibilities for Enterprise and Strategic target accounts in North America. Today, the role will cover 3-4 leaders with 20-25 reps, and will continue to scale as we unlock additional Outbound pipeline sources. You will be focused on sourcing new logo opportunities in both segments to drive continued growth in ARR. You will join a highly motivated, energetic sales development team that takes pride in producing quality revenue pipeline, landing new customers, and developing the future talent pipeline of Miro.
The Head of AMER Outbound Sales Development is an ambitious and solution-oriented leader who will play a key role in driving the go-to-market strategy for the sales organization. You will build programs to generate additional revenue from our target accounts. You will be focused on driving consistent outbound pipeline generation across the teams, exceeding quota, using call shadowing & prospecting research to identify process improvements, increase efficiency of Outbound SDRs in generating pipeline, and identify new insights into how Miro can positively transform the way prospective customers’ businesses work.What you’ll do
- Hire, coach, and lead a team of first-line Outbound Sales Development leaders
- Help hire, ramp, and train 3-4 teams of hungry sales development representatives
- Help drive our overall Outbound pipeline generation strategy for Sales Development
- Build a program to generate consistent new logo pipeline from our identified list of target accounts
- Empower the team to A/B test quality prospecting messaging to optimize prospecting strategy
- Be actively engaged in Outbound prospecting strategy to strengthen SDR approaches to successfully penetrate target accounts
- Work with Marketing to strategize on campaigns and targeted ads to increase awareness and engagement within prospective customers
- You will master the art of discovery and enable SDRs to uncover new challenges that Miro can solve, unlocking additional value for prospects
- Be a key component in ensuring we have accurate data in our CRM to drive the strategy for future Outbound growth
- Help scale the Austin office and create a unique blend of Miro and Austin culture
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities to ensure adequate pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- 10+ years of sales experience with strong performance across sales development and closing roles
- 3+ years of first-line management experience, preferably leading, building, & scaling sales development organizations in a fast-paced, highly competitive software sales environment
- Strategic mindset to identify where Outbound Sales Development should be headed and the tactical steps we need to take to position for that future
- Strong quantitative skills to measure, manage, and optimize activity and productivity
- Strong innovation skills - you will think of innovative ways to boost conversion rates and drive revenue outbound in our target accounts
- The desire to lead, coach, motivate and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success while building an energetic environment where people love to come to work every day.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach a resolution and maintain strong relationships
- Strength in working with cross-functionally including executive management, sales, operations, and marketing teams
- Proven track record of delivering on aggressive sales pipeline targets
- Design playbooks and career paths for the sales development organization
- Experience in leveraging CRM software, preferably Salesforce, to manage high performing teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- You will work with some of the best and brightest high-tech talent to create a truly amazing team
- Join a fast-growing company early, make a difference and really enjoy the ride
- Challenge yourself and take your career to the next level
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.