Manager, Sales Development (Remote) at Weedmaps
Manager, Sales Development
The Sales team is the driving force of Weedmaps and we are looking for someone to lead an SDR and BDR team in growing the customer and revenue base for WM Business saas product. Based in Irvine, Los Angeles, or fully remote, this role will be responsible for day-to-day management of a team of SDR and BDR reps, with responsibility for achieving the team’s monthly sales targets and keeping the team motivated and productive.
As Manager, Sales Development, you will be responsible for working with the sales team to prospect and prioritize clients, pitch WM Business offering and close sales. The right person will be a strong people manager, have deep experience developing successful sales teams, and brings a track record of reliably delivering against revenue or other sales goals for proactive newbiz and inbounds.
The impact you'll make:
- Actively coach, develop and lead your team in sales effectiveness and efficiency and serve as a sales leader.
- Own the defined quota for a sales team based on revenue from ad services and product adoption across our WM Business offering
- Report on activity, SLA and close rate for your team's performance and improve all newbiz for the company.
- Build and manage a high-performing team by recruiting top tier talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, managing resources effectively and efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership everyday
- Develop and nurture a performance driven culture that celebrates the right wins and quickly addresses gaps
- Be an expert in the consultative sales process and lead your team to use this skill to win and nurture client accounts
- Partner closely with sales leadership to develop and execute regional revenue strategy
- Drive the team to identify new lead sources and opportunities and partner closely with Sales Enablement to capture and track these leads and opportunities within your team
What you've accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree
- 4 years of experience with proven success in a sales management / leadership role within online, digital media, or software sales.
- Track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- 2 years of people management, with substantial experience in coaching and performance management
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.