Director of Business Development at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As Director for the Credit Card vertical, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Credit Karma's largest credit card issuers. Additionally, you will lead strategic data and technology integrations with existing partners to promote the best offers for our members and deliver a best-in-class application experience for Credit Karma members. You will have direct ownership, responsibility and accountability for scaling a high-growth business, have a significant impact on company growth, and work with an amazing team in a member-oriented, mission-driven business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the largest financial institutions in the country to enable the success of their marketing programs on Credit Karma
- Build strong relations with teams at financial institutions, ranging from EVP+ level executives all the way to hands-on partner managers, analysts, product managers, and legal/compliance associates
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our partners' and Credit Karma's business goals to identify win-win opportunities for our partnerships that can further Credit Karma's mission of making financial progress possible for our members
- Develop, manage, and help execute the partnership team's strategic roadmap. In this capacity, you will collaborate with Credit Karma's C-level executives and leaders/VPs of our product, engineering, marketing and data science functions, in addition to leaders and operators from the partners' teams
What’s great about the role:
- Direct access to Credit Karma senior leadership and highly engaged with leaders at various financial institutions
High impact, high visibility - play a key role in guiding strategy for the Credit Card vertical
- Work in a highly cross-functional, highly collaborative environment - you are the hub of many spokes within Credit Karma
- Use business acumen, analytical skills and relationship experience to market and execute complex initiatives with both new and existing partners
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Has 7+ years of experience in consumer lending customer acquisition, media buying or digital marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or at least 7 years of related business experience and a track record of continuous professional development
- MBA preferred
- Hyper-focused on partner satisfaction and substantial experience developing and managing complex relationships, preferably proven by at least 7+ years of experience in a client-facing or senior management role in a sales/consulting/business development capacity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)