Technical Operations Manager at FLYR Labs (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:05 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 27, 2022
FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportation businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
The Customer Operations Manager will lead a team composed of a Data Scientist, Data Analysts and a Data Engineering in leading customer operations functions for existing clients. The Manager will lead the team through activities including new feature training for clients, troubleshoot customer help desk tickets, collate product feedback, train customer models with new product features, monitor ongoing model performance, fix client-specific data mapping bugs, implement client data migrations and adjust data feeds based on schema changes. This is a customer facing role that will help FLYR maintain positive engagement with our customers and ensure peak product performance for our airline partners.
What will your destination look like at FLYR? (Responsbilities)
- Hire, supervise and lead teams of data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts to complete complex customer data ingest and ETL, data validation, and ML model training projects in order to ensure our product is working effectively for our customers.
- Directly engage with our airline customers’ executives, subject matter experts and business leads.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with our airline customers after product acceptance to understand their data, systems, business processes with an eye towards continuous improvement.
- Manage both technical and relationship escalations from product acceptance phase, ensuring appropriate client communications and internal FLYR stakeholder involvement
- Establish and enforce a process for Level two responses and resolutions that require customer-specific knowledge to troubleshoot.
- Lead your team to collect, process, and clean data from customer data sources using SQL and Python.
- Ensure ETL, data validation and data mapping results in trained ML models and accurate reporting. Your team will perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests and data extractions to resolve issues impacting business operations.
- Define and roll out processes to standardize post-launch process management, incident management and resolution, model training, and performance evaluation and other work done by data scientists and analysts.
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership to define product capabilities to improve customer long term engagement based on close observation of customer product usage.
- You will balance technical and managerial tasks, including 1+1's, technical mentorship, and recruitment participation. You will provide mentorship and training to your reports, and promote success in their career path at FLYR.
What should you pack for this trip? (Requirements)
- Qualified academic background preferably in analytics, statistics, mathematics, CS or related field
- Strong past experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
- Extensive hands-on experience in business performance reporting, data analysis and data insights
- Prior experience in managing data-driven teams
- Significant experience managing technical and analyst staff
- Experience leading analyst teams providing data analysis for business operations stakeholders.
- Past experience hiring ETL engineers, data scientists, and data analysts
- Experience managing client-facing projects is a plus
- Strong project management. Ability to clearly communicate status, blockers, risks and dependencies to FLYR and customer stakeholders
- Knowledge of SQL and confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL
- Experience in BigQuery a plus.. Experienced in business process definition to map out repeatable processes
- Experienced in resource planning and staffing plans
- Can identify impediments to customer onboarding and propose improvements to processes
- Experience partnering with product, data science, and engineering team to develop tools
- Experience in Revenue Management/Inventory/Pricing preferred
In-flight Amenities: (Perks & Benefits)
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Free Breakfast/Lunch (in office)
- Uber Eats - $30/Monthly (Hybrid Employees)
- 100% Paid Parental Leave for 12 Weeks
- $300 Home office set-up stipend (one time)
- Dog Friendly Offices
Our Commitment to Equality
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.
Read Full Job Description