Manager, Facility Locate Management at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Facility Locate Management to join our growing team. As Manager, Facility Locate Management, you will report to the Director, Business Operations Support and will be responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and execution of the facility locating operation for the Brightspeed geographic turf and network. This will include state 811 relationship management and utility compliance, vendor management of the facility locating operation, management of contractor and excavator inquiries, management of issues related to network damage associated with facility locating issues, etc.. You will have strong business acumen, the abilities to define and implement groundbreaking ideas, to lead diverse teams, to work within a fast-moving environment to rapidly deliver support and services that have a broad business impact, and desire to have an industry wide impact.
You will find this a tremendous opportunity to shape a team through visionary leadership and robust process and efficiency improvements resulting in Brightspeed being synonymous with quality service and an exceptional customer experience with our network performance.
As Manager, Facility Locate Management, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead a small team that will oversee all network facility locating operations
- Be accountable for ensuring utility compliance with state 811 rules and regulations in 20 states
- Manage multiple vendors that will support facility locating operations and their associated performance
- Oversee all vendor invoicing for relates locating services
- Provide operational and process support to the field operations and network team supporting front line execution and an extensive fiber deployment
- Provide company subject matter expertise on facility locating processes, rules and industry trends
- Initiate and lead process improvements to optimize network protection, process cost and overall performance
- Prepare and present to senior leadership facility locating process results, initiatives and issues
- Drive the company culture and strategies. Create strategies to achieve business goals such as increasing revenues, optimizing expenses, and developing a skilled, motivated, satisfied, and diverse workforce.
- Provide strong leadership, including communicating vision, strategy, and objectives. Lead by example in creating an environment that encourages open communication, sharing ideas and best practices, and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Strategically work with other functional leaders in innovation and driving cross functional process changes
- Conduct and ensure timely employee appraisal reviews and progress reports for your team
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills to hire, develop, and motivate team members
- Prior industry experience in managing facility locating operations and vendors
- Prior experience with state 811 relationship management
- Experience with operational and customer services systems and applications within the network and communication industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead cross functional teams
- Process improvement and customer-centric mindset
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration - excellent coaching skills and the ability to build employee commitment
- Ability to motivate others and work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to articulate via written and through oral communication
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Telecommunications
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.