Manager, Custody Operations at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 47 billion in circulation and supported over $1.6 trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Custody Operations is a critical function that facilitates the funding and formation of innovative, highly vetted start-up businesses through private capital raising using Circle’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. As a Manager, Custody Operations you will be responsible for building and scaling a world class private equity fund administration and custody operations function. As a dedicated manager of this team, you will own end to end process design and execution for booking, transfer, closing, and reconciliation processes relating to custody and escrow of customer and issuer funds and securities. In this role, you will optimize operational efficiency and organizational control, scaling the operations and enabling the company to more efficiently process increased volumes as the business continues to grow. This role will work closely with various internal and external functions to ensure a high quality investor and founder experience from end to end. This is a high growth business within a high growth organization, with significant responsibility and visibility to senior management.
What you'll work on:
- Developing a deep understanding of the investor and founder experience and improving it through the lifecycle of a transaction including initial investment, additional fundraises, closings, and securities bookings, transfers, and liquidations
- Driving effective partnership with internal product teams to identify and prioritize ongoing improvements to custody operations processes to improve efficiency, controls, and scalability
- Building and scaling end to end processes for booking, reconciling, transferring securities and cash movements for investors and issuers
- Owning relationships and communication with third party custodians, escrow firms, transfer agents, and banking partners
- Working closely with partner companies that leverage the equity crowdfunding platform to raise capital, and managing the securities closing and issuing processes
- Managing relationships with companies that raise equity on Circle’s platform, and managing the closing and issuance processes including cash disbursement and security bookings
- Flawlessly executing on solutions for the resolution of day to day ad-hoc issues requiring expert judgment and creative solutions
- Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders to ensure end to end process flows are executed according to regulatory requirements and internal controls/processes
- Ensuring data integrity at all third party records are up to date, archived and managed appropriately and aligned with SeedInvest records
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years experience leading a fund administration function in a broker-dealer or similar private equity firms
- Superb attention to detail, with an ability to communicate important facts and information to different stakeholders across internal and external functions
- A “think forward” mentality, anticipating issues and challenges that may arise as the function grows in size and complexity, and developing solutions in advance
- A demonstrated ability to resolve a wide range of ad-hoc issues by applying knowledge and technical expertise, with little to no prior instructions
- Prior experience in working with custodians, escrow firms, transfer agents and other security movements / capitalization table management firms
- Understanding of security events and associated tax and fund movement requirements as well as FINRA requirements for handling customer funds
- A commitment to accuracy in process development and reconciliation of company and customer assets
- Extensive experience using and building tools to help drive operational processes and performance. Experience in database management and automation tools.
- A strong desire and passion to continually learn and apply knowledge to constantly evolving and improving a best-in-class function
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred
- Series 27 required, Series 99 also helpful to have
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote