Manager, Care Quality at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
As the Manager, Care Quality - Ohio, you will serve as the market's subject matter expert on all care management functions and work to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements in day-to-day operations of the care team. You will work closely with the Director of Care Management, Manager of Behavioral Health and Wellness, care team leads, and our centralized Care Management Delegation function to ensure that programs and services in the Ohio market are implemented at the highest standard and that members receive the highest level of care.
- Support the effectiveness of care management services within the Ohio market, ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Lead the market's internal chart audit strategy, identifying gaps, developing and implementing improvement plans, and collaborate closely with market leadership to train, coach and mentor staff.
- Review and follow-up on chart audit results, flagging critical gaps for the centralized team and facilitating market-based roll-outs of new changes.
- Prepare teams for external audits and support any follow-up actions needed to address opportunity areas.
- Contribute to organizing responses to External Corrective Action Plans (CAP) and Mini-CAP items with root cause analysis and plans for correction, organizing cross-functional work across Cityblock teams to ensure high quality output.
- Liaise with external partners as necessary, ensuring smooth communication and collaboration on contract components.
- Work with a team of Assessment RNs to:
- Ensure timely high quality completion of state-mandated assessments
- Ensure charts are properly prepared for ongoing clinical operations via ensuring Member Impressions and Member Action Plans (MAPs) are properly populated for recently assessed charts
- Ensure timely, smooth handoff between Assessment RNs and care team
- Oversee review and submission of assessments for accuracy
- Ensure timely thorough review of assessments for clinical quality
- Ensure timely submission of forms
- Designate prioritization of assessments based on type and due date
- Assist with completing assessments in the field or telephonically when lean in is required
- Support productivity targets for assessments completed per nurse per week
Requirements for the Role:
- An RN with an active Ohio license
- Experience with state-mandated assessments or accredited activities in a highly regulated space, or general experience with health plan case management / care management preferred
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to build, execute and deliver on complex, cross-functional projects
- Are detail-oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate well with both interdisciplinary care team members and operational team members
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
How We Define Success:
- Successful completion of audits (both internal and external)
- Timely and accurate submission of assessments
- Validation of services and cost containment related to LTSS services
- Ensure effective execution of care management model across interdisciplinary care teams, monitoring outcomes and flagging gaps for leadership
- Ensure appropriate productivity targets are met.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have great presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience supervising RNs
- Experience with discharge planning, disease management, or quality management
- Experience conducting chart reviews and providing feedback to staff
- Are very comfortable with project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Experience coaching staff
- Experience in a high growth technology company
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.