Alarm.com, a highly innovative and entrepreneurial SaaS company, is seeking a Director/Sr. Director, Corporate Development responsible for driving the execution of our investment strategy.
This position will have significant autonomy in sourcing and evaluating both smaller and larger scale opportunities that satisfy the company’s growth strategy and will act as a hands-on leader to partner with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to drive M&A execution.
- Lead the development and execution of the corporate development strategy by identifying investments and structuring and executing deals
- Source investment opportunities within target industries and provide thorough evaluation and review of the targeted companies’ technology platform, business strategy, and other relevant data
- Build financial and operating intelligence models and develop various financial analyses in support of assessing strategic fit
- Own development and presentation of deal materials, briefings, approval decks, and various ad-hoc presentations both internally & externally to provide investment cases for approval
- Research, create, and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline of future M&A targets
- Act as the main point of contact with targeted companies’ investment bankers and leadership team to finalize the deal process
- Manage deal execution activities, including due diligence, financial modeling, and valuation analysis
- Manage the Corporate Development team to facilitate cross-functional team execution of M&A deals and lead transition from closed deal to business operation integration
- Provide continuous insight and knowledge on industry trends and shifts that might impact the overall global growth strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a concentration in Finance or Business Management, desired; MBA is preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience in M&A with proven experience in driving and leading M&A transactions, including a minimum of eight acquisitions successfully closed
- Ability to maintain a Board-level dialogue and present strategies and opportunities in the Board room.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to synthesize complex business information and data and turn it into actionable strategy
- Significant expertise in financial modeling and financial analysis
- Strong finance, communication, leadership, negotiation and analytical skills are essential
- Experience in a SaaS-based, fast-paced, high-growth, global company
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, with experience measuring and reporting both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Strong project management skills
- Previous people leadership experience preferred
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.