Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: People
The People Team at Gemini are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for Gemini's company values. Our collaborative team is composed of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists. As a member of the People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization, with the opportunity to create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Senior Data Analyst, Talent Analytics
Thoughtful analysis of quantitative and qualitative data drives nearly all decision-making on the Gemini Talent Acquisition (TA) team. To that end, we are seeking a mid-level Data Analyst, embedded within TA, to enhance our analytical capabilities as a team. This role is the first dedicated Analyst to the Talent function. As such, the individual will manage a wide array of projects, from foundational work on TA’s data infrastructure, to running customized analyses to help solve complex recruiting-specific problems.
Hands-on technical skills are important for this role, but equally important is the ability to consider what the team and broader company require from a data and reporting perspective, and create user-friendly solutions that match those needs. We therefore are looking for a generalist who enjoys applying their technical skills to day-to-day operations, and is motivated by the subject matter of People and Talent Acquisition.
While this will be the first and only dedicated Data Analyst in Talent, the individual will be in good company amongst a highly analytical Talent Strategy & Operations team, and will have technical support from Data Engineers and Analysts in Gemini’s Analytics group.
This position may work completely remote from any location in the US, or may choose to work from one of our offices (New York, Chicago, Portland, Seattle), or a hybrid. They will report to Gemini’s Associate Director of Talent Strategy & Operations, and work alongside 10+ staff within that group.
- Develop a roadmap for introducing various data and reporting solutions to Gemini’s Talent Acquisition team by studying TA’s overarching strategy and goals
- Design and implement a data infrastructure solution that allows for efficient and quality reporting from TA’s various platforms, crucially the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Run team-wide initiatives related to data quality, allowing our data and reporting to become highly reliable for the Talent team and its stakeholders over time
- Produce models, materials, and dashboards using candidate and hiring data that track and measure the health of hiring with intuitive visualization
- Conduct analyses on topics such as interview effectiveness, interviewer quality, pipeline health, and Recruiter/Sourcer/Recruiting Coordinator capacity
- Make recommendations for key recruiting metrics that measure productivity, efficiency, and ROI of recruiting tools, initiatives, and programs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and TA Operations to ensure efficient flow of data at all stages of the recruitment process
- Evaluate hiring processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement thoughtful solutions accordingly
- Convert reporting/analyses to actionable insights
- Configure necessary tools to establish a reporting schema to ensure key stakeholders have the metrics and insights they need to make the right business decisions
- Partner effectively with internal teams to ensure data security and compliance
- 3+ years of experience in talent/people analytics at a global company
- Strong experience working with Looker or other data visualization tools to model data and build dynamic reporting
- Experience with SQL or LookML
- Experience integrating commercial recruiting applications, particularly Greenhouse, is desired
- High level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong partnerships and communicate complex reports/analyses in a clear and concise manner
- Experience scaling reporting by way of automation and efficiency, with the ability to cleanly structure data that enables continuous delivery of insights
- A general understanding of business objectives and metrics as they relate to talent/people functions
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.