Manager, Human Resource Operations at Carvana (Atlanta, GA)
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE OPERATIONS
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position:
We are looking for a dynamic Human Resources Manager with an insatiable desire to create a positive and fulfilling work environment through the avenue of People Operations. You will serve as the first line of contact for employees’ and managers’ questions or concerns including but not limited to employee relations, investigations, and corrective action across Carvana. You will drive and develop people policies and procedures across Carvana. Working closely with our Legal, Safety, and HR Operations Teams, you will seek to understand our ever-changing workforce and the legal landscape. When questions, concerns, or changes arise, you will provide expert interpretation and consultation to all stakeholders, keeping Carvana compliant and safe. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyzes wage, salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Works with Benefits Administrator to oversee benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
What you should know/have:
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in HR, Business, Psychology or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources Operations.
- 3+ years of experience managing an HR department in a corporate environment.
- Deep understanding of employment law and employee relations.
- Exposure to labor relations or a union environment.
- Broad understanding of HR functions including payroll and benefits, employee relations and compliance, HRIS systems.
- Experience in a hyper-growth company preferred.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive in work activities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Consistently able to use ultimate discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel data.
What we’ll offer in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.