We are currently seeking an Employee Relations Partner to be a part of our new Employee Relations team. This role will conduct investigations into workplace concerns and support positive employee engagement by providing guidance and recommendations to resolve employee concerns. This is a new team at Okta, and you will play a key part in its story as the team grows.
This role will work closely with the People Business Partners, Legal and Compliance teams to promote equity, company values and accountability in the workplace and to respond appropriately and fairly to employee concerns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations into sensitive employee relations issues, and make objective recommendations based on findings. This includes: conducting investigatory interviews, collecting/reviewing relevant evidence, writing investigation reports, and delivering debriefs with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures
- Formally respond to sensitive concerns and allegations as required by internal processes and/or external agencies
- Foster effective relationships with HR teams, business leaders, and Employment Legal
- Coach People Business Partners and managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve moderately complex ER issues
- Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance
- Collaborate with Employee Relations leadership to develop and refine investigation model, from reporting to post-action, ensuring an equitable and transparent employee experience
- Participate in team projects as needed
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by strong written and oral communication, and high emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Develop trust and rapport and influence cross-functional partners and business leaders
- Remain respectful and empathetic when confronted with difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Ability to navigate ambiguity within a fast moving and changing environment
- Effective at managing time and resources while prioritizing and balancing multiple commitments with some input from manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant employee relations experience, focused on ER investigations, employment legal, and/or HRBP experiences
- Solid understanding of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws
- Comfortable working with any level of employee or manager; able to read a situation and navigate
- Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk
- Advanced degree, law degree, or other specialized training in employment investigations a plus
- Experience supporting international employees and conducting international employment investigations a plus
- Experience in a growing, global software development environment is preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.