Technical Product Manager - AJC
AJC's mission is to be the most essential and engaging source of news and information for the people of Atlanta, of Georgia and the South. To achieve that mission, we will transform ourselves from a storied daily newspaper into a modern media company. As we continue to expand, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Technical Product Manager, Content platforms. As the Technical Product Manager for Content Platforms, you will be the primary owner of the tools involved in digital content production and delivery, including our content management system (including photos and video), our ePaper, and news app.
Responsible for managing the relationships with our platform/software service providers, including monitoring the health and stability of the platform, advocating for product and feature enhancements, monitoring and communication of issue resolution, and budget management. You will be responsible for ongoing training of newsroom staff regarding our digital tools. This individual will partner with internal stakeholders to provide a clear vision for how we use our tools to execute our strategy, maintain the integrity and security of our data, and use technology to support content innovation.
How We Work
We are focused on building great consumer experiences to keep our community connected and informed. We expect each member of our team to constantly keep our readers top of mind, and to innovate how to deliver the most engaging news and experiences on all platforms.
We all work cooperatively within cross-functional teams and across departments and use our expertise to guide and support our teammates in service of the AJC's overall mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the content management system (CMS).
- Act as relationship manager with platform/software service providers like Arc, PageSuite and Pugpig.
- Train new employees in how to use the new CMS as needed.
- Collaborate with journalists and editors to embrace storytelling opportunities across AJC platforms using our digital publishing tools.
- Support rapid delivery of strategic priorities and stakeholder requests.
- Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact to facilitate collaboration and ensure alignment.
- Showcase subject matter expertise in the management of publishing tools, which includes detailed reference documentation.
- Exhibit strong analytical and communication skills.
- Act as the point person to contact for enterprise system issues.
- BA/BS and 4+ years of experience (May have a Master's degree and 2+ years of experience or Ph.D. and up to a years of experience - preferences for degree, leadership experience, and media experience remain the same.)
- 5+ years of experience in digital media with an emphasis in digital publishing for web, app, social, video, audio, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working in a newsroom.
- 3+ years of experience working analytics tools, like Google Analytics 360/GA4.
- Experience with content management systems like Arc
- Experience using or creating digital tools in a fast-paced news environment.
- Experience working with digital products.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate information - both written and verbal - to multiple audience types
- Ability to quickly shift between responsibilities that demand longer term strategic vision and immediate tactical decisions/work.
- Experience working as a Product Manager in an Agile software development environment and overseeing multiple products.
- Active in local community professional groups focused on supporting the development of Product Managers and Journalism like INMA, AMA, ONA, etc.
- Proficiency in working in a fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis.
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization.
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design, and development team.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.