Sr Manager Pricing Strategic Initiatives
Senior Manager, Pricing Strategic Initiatives
The Senior Manager, Pricing Strategic Initiatives role will play a pivotal role in guiding Cox Business pricing programs that span commercial segments, competitive intelligence, and broader organizational projects. This role will help establish pricing roadmaps, milestones, and measures of success for the programs deemed most impactful to the near and long-term success of Cox Business.
Importantly, this person will closely collaborate with Pricing Leaders and partnering teams to effectively implement complex solutions that further Cox Business' capabilities and position in the market. Initiatives will range across exploratory, pilot, scaling and mature workstreams, requiring a dynamic approach. This role will lead coordination of several key programs while also supporting projects led by partnering teams.
What You'll Do
- Drive value through coordinated deployment of pricing actions and competitive intelligence gathering.
- Support development of advanced marketing and offer capabilities with Operations and Sales Enablement teams.
- Develop an engagement model strategy to maximize efficient and effective use of the Pricing and Intelligence team's resources.
- Drive stakeholder engagement and buy-in from various teams, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Product.
- Identify opportunities to further align pricing actions and competitive intelligence gathering with broader organizational projects.
- Create and manage project plans for prioritized workstreams that will drive success for Cox Business in the short and long-term.
- Drive efficiency through structured approaches to coordinating pricing and analysis efforts across all customer segments wherever possible.
- Manage the aggregation and analysis of initiative updates to then communicate to a wide range of stakeholders and leaders.
- Identify and manage risks to initiatives' success through regular audits of key dependencies and milestones.
- Manage funding requests related to pricing and competitive intelligence capability development.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in parallel, while ensuring critical milestones are realized.
- Design, implement, monitor, and report measures of success for major initiatives through partnership with Pricing leads and Business Intelligence groups.
- Understand broader organizational priorities and workstreams to further align Pricing and Intelligence programs and mitigate potential collision paths.
- Partner with the Pricing Management team as they develop strategies, processes, and tools to ensure compatibility with existing system limitations and informed by marketplace realities.
- Establish and maintain a system of documentation, communication, and review for all major initiatives driven by the Pricing and Intelligence team.
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (quantitative field) and 8 years' experience in a related field (marketing, pricing analytics, or analytical field in a competitive industry). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 6 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 3 years' experience in a related field; or 12 years' experience in a related field.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and interact well with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout matrix organization.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Minimum five (5) total years' work experience in marketing, pricing analytics, or analytical field in a competitive industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant quantitative field or equivalent experience highly desired
- Experience with reporting and data visualization tools
- Experience with Salesforce or other software solutions with Configure-Price-Quote capabilities.
- Experience in Finance, Project Management, or Marketing of fiber-based telecommunications products and services
- Master's degree in relevant quantitative field or MBA
- Experience in marketing, pricing analytics, or analytical field supporting fiber-based telecommunications products and services.
- Experience in subscription-based industry serving commercial customers.
USD 116,200.00 - 193,600.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.