Sr. Lead Cloud Database Architect (MSSQL Focus) - RapidScale Powered by Logicworks
Application Deadline: 1/26/2024
You will work with an experienced professional services team to help customers migrate to and operate in the Cloud (AWS and Azure), with a primary focus on data and databases.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and customers to solve data challenges.
- Assess and remediate sizing/performance/configuration issues
- Plan and execute data migrations, alone or as part of larger cloud migration efforts
- Modernize database platforms (MSSQL/Oracle->PgSQL/Aurora)
- Design and implement data lakes and ETL pipelines
- Provide consulting guidance to customers and prospects, assist colleagues with the planning and writing of Statements of Work.
Who You Are:
You're passionate about technology and the plethora of options the public cloud offers. You enjoy helping customers solve existing problems while identifying and remediating new problems. You also have the following:
- A BA/BS Degree with 8 years of relevant overall experience, or a MS degree with 6 years of relevant overall experience, or a Ph.D and 3 years of experience, or 12 years of overall relevant experience without a college degree
- 8+ years of diverse database administration and architecture experience, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant public cloud experience
- Specialty/Intermediate level AWS and/or Azure cloud data certification (AWS Database Specialty, DP-100, DP-203, DP-300, DP-500)
- Expert level familiarity with at least one of the following SQL Databases: PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS RDS, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Expert level familiarity with at least one of the following NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra, CouchDB, Cosmos, ElasticSearch/OpenSearch
- Hands-on experience using ETL tools to get data into and out of databases and data warehouses/data lakes.
- Intermediate level experience with one or more Infrastructure-as-Code implementations (ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Familiarity with Identity and Access models in on-prem (Active Directory), public cloud (AWS IAM, Azure AD), and in-schema.
- Hands-on experience running migration tools, including but not limited to: backup/restore, log shipping/mirroring, Always On Availability Groups, AWS Database Migration Services, Schema Conversion tool, Azure Migrate, Azure Data Migration Assistant, AWS Glue.
- Professional/Expert level Cloud Architecture certification (AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AZ-305)
- Intermediate to expert level familiarity with a commercial analytics or data warehousing platform such as Databricks, Snowflake, RedShift, Azure DataLake
- Experience with AI/ML applications and pipelines
- Industry knowledge in any of the following verticals is highly desired:
- Financial Services/FinTech
What's In It For You?
Life comes at you fast sometimes. When it does, it's good to be with a stable company like Cox that has amazing resources but maintains the friendliness of a startup. With our best-in-class benefits and award-winning employee culture, you won't have to sweat the small stuff. Here's a little peek at some ways we help:
- We're on your side. Our pro-sales culture honors and respects what you and other salespeople contribute to our continuing success at Cox.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow (often on our dime!).
- Our innovative culture provides us with a roadmap to keep ahead of the competition, and our excellent reputation with clients in our industries reflects that.
- At Cox, we foster a culture of integrity and fairness, which we generously recognize and reward.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours to do so.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as diverse as our employees, you'll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
USD 142,100.00 - 236,800.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.