Software Engineer ll
Cox Communications is looking for a Software Engineer II for our Intelligent Automation and Custom Application platforms who will be part of a team of software developers and be responsible for contributing to the overall application design and development phases. You will work closely with developers, analysts, and other members of the technical teams to ensure all requirements are addressed. You will be responsible for participating and contributing to discussions with business stakeholders to communicate how the solution meets business needs.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as a participating member on teams tasked to develop, improve, and deliver product / system elements and features.
- Breaks down functional and business requirements into tangible, clear and estimable objectives, providing recommendations to management and project team members.
- Writes end-to-end automated tests to provide code coverage for business-critical components.
- Ensures quality, performance, and adherence to specifications of assigned development tasks and adjacent technology solutions.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure design, development and execution align with, support adjacencies, and adhere to established architectural standards.
- Notifies team or technical manager of variances from plans and identifies changes in scope or work.
- Helps define and support implementation of coding standards.
- May offer technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Takes an active role in the successful and timely delivery of any commitments to our business and technology stakeholders.
- Builds strong relationships with customers, stakeholders, and other team members. Leverages relationships to help solve business problems and accomplish tasks. Gains credibility with customers and stakeholders.
- Participates in strategic roadmap discussions with customers. Develops and maintains expertise in the applications, technologies, business processes, and business drivers associated with key customers.
- Proactively builds, nurtures, and maintains business-focused, long-term working relationships with partners inside and outside of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 6 years' experience in a related field
- 2+ years of experience focused on designing and developing applications in a .Net
- 2+ years of experience working in a relational database environment (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Basic understanding of ETL and associated technologies
- Working knowledge with technologies appropriate to the position (e.g., RPA, RDA). Has relevant industry knowledge of widely used systems and emerging technologies.
- Experience with various development methodologies (Agile, SDLC)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to management.
- Certification in automation tools such as Blue Prism / UiPath /Power Automation
- Experience working across a wide variety of enterprise groups (Sales Ops, Service Assurance, Business Ops, Field Services, etc.)
- Working knowledge with reporting tools (Power BI, MS Reporting Services, etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise systems: ICOMS, Remedy a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.