Senior Salesforce Engineer
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
As a Software Engineer supporting Sales and Customer Service technologies this role is involved in the full systems life cycle with a concentration on our Salesforce platform and supporting integrations. You will design, coding, configuring, testing, implementing application software that are delivered on time and within budget. You will work with Architects and Product Managers to understand the business objectives and drive the analysis to define the physical design to maximize value for our customers. Software Engineers may be assigned to either development functions.
You will report to the Manager of Business Systems.
This position is salaried and will pay between $104040.00 - $160140.00 with a target bonus of 10%.
The range provided is a guideline and not a guarantee of compensation. Other factors that are involved in offer decisions include, and are not limited to: a candidate's experience, qualifications, geographical area, and internal equity of the team.
- Participate in the system configuration which meets security, architecture, and support requirements, all while satisfying business needs
- Oversee required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes and creating the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
- Lead cross team code merge and deployment activities through collaboration and working with all Salesforce Sprint Teams
- Support existing solutions including upgrades, maintenance and issue resolution including emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean-up activities
- Develop estimates and participate in the grooming and prioritization of sprint stories
- Coordinate and work on multiple initiatives/systems/ applications and projects as a team leader or internal advisor through all development and QA processes.
- Support documentation, Test Driven Development and reusable code methodologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar subject or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of implementation experience, including development, across the full software development lifecycle
- Produce detailed, comprehensive software documentation, such as requirements specs, design docs, and change logs. (incorporate technical requirements for user stories)
- Experience influencing the design and deliverables of projects.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment consisting of both technical and business members where functionality is designed and released on a biweekly basis
- Lead by example to coach others, with a and the flexibility to work within an environment of constant change.
- Experience with Salesforce Development and Administration
- Experience working with the Agile development methodology.
- Understand the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modeling, interface design, code development, and testing, and can apply these principles in real-world development environment.
- Is competent developing Apex code to scale to large datasets; understand platform behaviors, limits, and performance considerations.
- Understand and use Apex SOAP and REST web services and how to call out from Apex using SOAP and REST.
- Implement best practices for trigger development patterns, other business logic development, and reuse.
- Experience with common integration patterns; experience with integration on the Lightning Platform
- Preferred experience with AWS and Kafka.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
- Paid time off (PTO) days and 6 company holidays per year
- Benefits starting on day one, including medical, dental vision and life insurance
- 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period with no personal contribution required
- Employee discounts, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, student loan refinancing, free access to financial counseling, education and more.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment that includes both providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the application and hiring process as well as throughout the course of one's employment. With this in mind, should you need a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please advise us so that we can provide appropriate assistance