Strategic Relationship Representative at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
The role of the Strategic Relationship Representative is key to ensuring the success of Palo Alto Network’s fast-growing customer base. With goals and quotas aligned directly to customer retention, you are an inside role which is central to positioning renewals and additional software and hardware to current customers. Alongside this, you will work collaboratively with the channel to ensure that customers have a positive and successful experience with their Palo Alto Networks deployment.
- Identify and develop all renewal opportunities within an assigned sales territory, closing these, and seeking to cross-sell and upsell
- Focus on upselling to a more extensive product line or to motivate the customer to potentially consider broad new product purchase
- Evaluate the customers' current account; discuss its effectiveness and how their business needs may require different products
- Ability to accurately and timely forecast the business in SFDC and additional applications as required
- Diligently follow up and coordination with Renewals Sales Team, Field Sales Teams, Sales Managers, Inside Sales, Channel Partners and End Users to bring in new expansion and add-on business
- Handle the entire sales process from quote generation, collaborating with all entities, and opportunity closure
- Maintain regular communications with the Sales Account Managers regarding their accounts to ensure they are fully aware of customer interests and status and to recommend follow up with the customer on broader opportunities
- Experience in managing customer renewal install base for assigned Enterprise and Commercial accounts
- 3+ years' experience in sales
- Knowledge in working with Channel Partners
- Track record of achieving sales goals and objectives
- Experience using Salesforce.com for forecasting and CPQ for quoting
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident: ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, product and business opportunity
- Ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needs and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly build productive relationships in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Ability to build quotes with various product and co-term configurations, meeting the customers current and future needs
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language proficiency. Additional language skills an advantage
At the senior levels you have:
- Validated sales results and forecast track record
- Solid product knowledge
- Strong communications skills
- Skilled with the sales systems, forecasting and quotingAdditional Information
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.