Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting , developer marketing , and enterprise knowledge sharing . Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) at Stack Overflow, you'll work in tandem with multiple internal stakeholders to renew and grow business in our existing client base. The CSM proactively provides guidance and advice to large customers through the milestones of their customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort, and ideas will matter. You're relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, and pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product you're selling and take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What you'll do:
- Strong awareness of the customer journey and how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Be responsible for validating and championing the expansion and adoption growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Work alongside an Account Executive to proactively grow our footprint within a customer.
- Engage and meet with customers for Executive Reviews in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs, opportunities and possible solutions
- Coach and drive customers toward the maximum value application of Stack Overflow alongside their business needs on a defined timeline, promoting methodologies and business practices that create customer experts
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer value & loyalty
- Identify common customer challenges amongst your CSM cohort and their books of business to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Account Executive, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Ability to craft internal and customer-facing assets
- Help drive customer references and case studies
What you'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing customer success, account management, or strategic consulting role; enterprise software or SaaS experience is a preferred
- Experience working with large, complex customers and products that reach thousands of users within each customer.
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Passion for building trust and communicating effectively with customers
- Proactive, curious-minded, and organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty, and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and CS-centric tools is a plus
- Experience with a professional community management platform for a large technologically-focused user base
What You'll Get in Return:
- Competitive Base Salary ($88K - $150K USD)
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Equity for all employees at all level
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health & wellness stipend
- Home Internet stipend
- Professional allocation for your growth and development
- Company-paid access to Calm, Bravely, LinkedIn Learning, and Overdrive
If your role is not located in one of our offices.... We'll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office. And, you will receive an additional $400 allowance for your home office set up on each anniversary date.
We're a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work in one of our offices, you'll be part of a team culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.