Senior Sales Executive- Debit (PULSE) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for developing and executing business strategies to maximize market share, increase revenues, support goals, and form strategic partnerships. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Sales, the Senior Sales Executive is an individual contributor role and will develop a territory sales plan, identify potential prospects and meet individual financial sales goals. He/she will work with Core Account Executives on existing accounts to produce desired business unit results.
**The Senior Sales Executive will also call on non-current financial institutions and will require approximately 50% travel within (and outside of) the assigned territory. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be located in the Southeastern part of United States to manage the Southeast territory.
· Sells products by establishing contacts and developing relationships with prospects.
· Identifies business opportunities by identifying and evaluating prospects. Researches and analyzes sales options.
· Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance. Researches and recommends new opportunities. Recommends profit and service improvements.
· Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops. Reviews professional publications. Establishes personal networks. Benchmarks state-of-the-art practices.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing. or related field
· 8+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, or related field
· In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Banking and Network Sales, EFT, or related
· Valid government issued driver’s license
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
· 10+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, or related field
· EFT Network experience working with financial institutions
· Proficient in Excel
· Tradeshow experience
· Excellent communication skills- ability to communicate at all levels
· Self starter
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.