Senior Sales Engineer at HackerOne
| Baton Rouge, LA
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:19 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 22, 2022
HackerOne is looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer to join a fast-growing company that is bringing a fresh and disruptive approach to information security. You will work hand in hand with Account Executives to successfully prospect and sell into specific accounts where your technical and domain expertise makes the difference. As the technical expert, you will work with prospects to understand their business problems, technical architecture, and attack surface to design the right solution. You will also work closely with product and engineering to bring the sales perspective to product roadmap discussions. You will become an evangelist for the power of hackers and bug bounty programs.
A successful Sr. Sales Engineer at HackerOne has a minimum of 5 years experience in a security-centric and customer-facing role, such as security consulting or sales or solutions engineering for a technical security product. You are also passionate about technical sales and working with prospective buyers. You are a continuous learner and have experience with fundamental application security concepts. Finally, you are highly self-motivated and a creative problem solver.
MISSION OF THE SALES ENGINEER TEAM AT HACKERONE
Sales Engineers (SE) are trusted advisors to HackerOne prospects and customers. We architect technical solutions using our subject matter expertise and industry experience to help our customers achieve their positive business outcomes and help evangelize hacker-powered security in the Enterprise.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of pre sales experience with at least 3 years working with Enterprise and/or Federal customers
- 3-5+ years of application security experience, understand security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top Ten)
- Experience with technical, value-based selling of security services or products
- Experience with technical writing and responding to Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment and experience at a successful startup
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ability to take feedback early in the sales process and synthesize to actionable feature requests for our product development team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills
- Multi-tasker: you will manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Ability to articulate an opinion in the security community's ongoing vulnerability disclosure debate
YOUR JOURNEY AT HACKERONE
- Onboarding at HackerOne: Sales Bootcamp, Command of the Message Workshop (Value Based Sales Methodology)
- Your first 90 days: Product and Domain Knowledge, Sales Process & Methodology, Sales Engineering to Account Executives/Account Managers Rules of Engagement.
- Your Impact: Contribute to evolving our Sales Engineering playbook towards Enterprise Value Selling and Technical Solution ScopingKey member of of Sales Engineering founding teamExpand our customer base in the Federal and Enterprise markets
- Responsibilities: Work in close collaboration with the sales team to provide technical and domain expertise for specific opportunities, develop account strategies, uncover additional business opportunities
- Deeply understand the security programs of our prospects to provide expert consultation designed to align their goals with hacker community engagement
- Actively drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects of various technical levels
- Technically close complex and competitive opportunities, through advanced security domain expertise, technical skill and credibility
- Develop documentation and workflows specific to a customer’s implementation plan
- Consult seamlessly and comfortably with CISOs, CSOs, VP of Engineering, CTOs, Program Managers, Director of Security of companies of all sizes and industries.
- Lead tailored product workshops in key accounts
- Analyze feature requests from customers and prospects and provide feedback to our engineering and product management teams.
- Orient product roadmap based on customers feedback in the field
- Stay on top of industry news and developments to provide and maintain a deep industry and domain expertise
- Provide technical perspective on active deals and help accurately forecast deals
- Support marketing and sales and digital local events and evangelize HackerOne and bug bounty programs in general
HackerOne commits to maintaining the strong, inclusive culture we’ve built for our employees and our community of hackers. All that we do is driven by our 5 core values. We recognize that our mission is bigger than us, and therefore lead with integrity at all times. As a team, we believe that transparency builds trust so we default to disclosure in our communications. Each individual executes with excellence, creating an environment of greater alignment and greater autonomy. We win as a team and respect all people, because together we hit harder. For more information about our values check out our blog HERE.
What We Do
HackerOne was started by hackers and security leaders who are driven by a passion to make the internet safer. HackerOne is now the #1 hacker-powered security platform, helping organizations find and fix critical vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. We partner with the global hacker community to surface the most relevant security issues of our customers before they can be exploited by criminals. Nearly 2,000 organizations, including the U.S. Department of Defense, General Motors, Google Play, Twitter, GitHub, Nintendo, Panasonic Avionics, Qualcomm, Starbucks, and Dropbox, trust HackerOne to find critical software vulnerabilities. HackerOne is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London and the Netherlands.
As a team, we believe in integrity, transparency, trust, collaboration and community. We believe in the positive power of hackers and work tirelessly to promote the success of our community to the broader, mainstream audience.
More Information on HackerOne
HackerOne operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. HackerOne was founded in 2012. It has 2598 total employees. To see all 29 open jobs at HackerOne, click here.
Read Full Job Description