Senior Manager, Pre-Sales Enablement at Okta (Remote)
Okta is looking for a Sr. Manager, Presales Enablement responsible for developing and implementing a Global Presales Enablement Strategy. You will be responsible for building and executing various programs that will increase productivity across our Presales Organization. A deep understanding of Presales, professional selling and operational best practices with a global mindset are keys to success in this role.
The ideal candidate takes an insightful, consultative, and strategic approach while developing enablement programs for our existing Presales Solutions Consultants. The candidate is a highly effective project manager and a collaborative change leader who strives for accountability and tangible results. Everything you do focuses on driving scalability, repeatability, and empowering the Presales Organization with the right knowledge, skills, and confidence to meet their goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners and collaborates with Presales Leadership team, Product Marketing, and other cross functional teams
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and maintains a role-based skill development framework and program based on competency models
- Drives enablement and facilitates coaching with confidence on topics such as technical account planning, demo techniques, whiteboarding, storytelling, value selling, best practices and others
- Facilitate delivery of global enablement through in-person or virtual sessions, workshops and on-demand learning by internal or external resources
- Develops playbooks by role and/or segment
- Conducts research to identify unique Presales approaches and habits of top-performing Presales team members
- Implements a world class program that is experiential, drives behavior changes, and increases productivity
- 7+ years Presales Solution Consulting experience
- 3+ years Presales Management experience
- Previous Presales Enablement experience a plus
- Previous experience working with vendors to enhance Presales Professional Development training, such as Mastering Technical Sales, Great Demo!, Demo2Win, Corporate Visions, etc.
- Experience in evaluating and measuring the business impact of skills development , ie. coaching and feedback, demo techniques, whiteboard and presentation skills, communication, sales tools and processes
- Ability to think strategically, see the big picture, innovate, and adapt to constant change
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders, internal and external, in order to scale across geographies and segments
- Proven ability to work independently with a “make it happen” attitude; able to operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum Salary of $128,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.