Senior Manager, Account Transitions at Dentsu (Atlanta, GA)
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.***
Our mission is to set ourselves and the client up for success with the most efficient and effective ways of working through the implementation of Agency best practices and operating procedures. The Sr. Manager, Account Transitions will play a critical role in providing timely and seamless transitions across accounts. Additionally, this position will support longer-term Operational initiatives including process refinement, documentation, and automation to meet expectations of the Operations Director, Account Transitions.
The Sr. Manager is expected to have a functional working knowledge of the media space (all channels including digital media) as well as agency structure to support on/offboarding process for internal teams. Analytical thinking and strong organizations skills are key strengths for candidates in this position. Sr. Manager should be a collaborative team player who is able to recommend optimizations to defined processes based on understanding of how their own area relates with others and learning on the job. Sr. Manager is responsible for supporting and implementing business continuity across accounts transitioning to and from dentsu Media.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Increase the speed and sophistication of account transitions at dentsu Media
- Act as the Operations transition manager who helps execute the transition process and successfully navigates external and internal workstreams
- Aids in project management of the transition plan, navigating internal and external barriers to deliver a fast and flawless transition
- Responsible for assisting in the delivery of all aspects of the client transition (globally/in-market) and ensuring this is achieved within the agreed upon timeframes
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, clients, incumbent representatives, and key executives throughout the process to successfully transition clients across dentsu Media
- Utilize a well-honed checklist and best practices guide necessary to plan and migrate a client across operational functions and the breadth of digital and traditional media channels
- Project manage the transition across functional workstreams and media channels, including tracking of activity completion, running of internal and external status meetings and identification and escalation of any issues and blockers
- Anticipate needs and escalate issues to Director, as needed
- Provide ongoing support to new business efforts during slow times, including but not limited to:
- Develop a criteria and rubric for Operations’ engagement to client on/offboarding
- Enhance and harmonize our account transition repository with editable materials, detailed guidance notes and enhanced templates
- Consider and evaluate automation and/or project management solutions to improve speed, accuracy, data, and visibility
Support Agency Best Practices and Operating Procedures
- Support agency standardization, automation, and business transformation efforts, as needed
- Partner with Director to prioritize tasks by analyzing potential risks that process changes may or may not pose to the organization and our clients
- Participate in critical operational aspects of standardizing our ways of working – systems, processes, business requirements
- Build positive relationships with internal teams
- Ensure expectations are set, understood, and met for all key deliverables
- Express oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications
- Write in a clear, compelling, and concise manner
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially
- Develop account transition reports and status updates that are clear, error-free and on-time
- Demonstrate accountability through ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Regarded internally at dentsu Media as a “go to person”
- Display sound business judgment
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and appropriately elevate issues/problems
- Serve as an ambassador within dentsu Media and demonstrate grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably
- Familiarity and comfort with advertising agency/media agency business principals
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Teams, SharePoint), Workfront, Smartsheets, etc.
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills
- Ability to contribute to improvements in processes in effort to increase efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, independent self-starter
- Strong organizational skills (particularly document management and project timelines)
- Manage multiple deliverables and seamlessly transition among them
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; adapt plans due to changes in business objectives, priorities or budgets while minimizing impact on project momentum
- Exposure to Media Tools, Lumina, MediaOcean/DDS, Salesforce, and willingness to evaluate and learn software/databases a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.