Senior Field User Experience Designer at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Do you thrive on business transformation? Are you passionate about removing friction from CRMs, sales applications and business processes? We'd love to use your skills at analyzing the diverse needs of distributed teams and delivering the best experiences and business value possible.
We in Field Technology & Operations are committed to incorporating design thinking into a multi-year effort to reinvent, replatform, modernize and scale the tools that our Sales and Value Realization teams use to guide customers through their entire journey with Adobe.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Delivery Manager to join our team and facilitate this transition and future large-scale experience and usability initiatives.
What you'll do
Come help us solve complex usability issues for a large, diverse, highly-matrixed organization.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research, such as user interviews, field studies, surveys, and usability tests with internal sales teams—and then use this data to prioritize user issues and gaps to inform product roadmaps and provide guidance on address problems effectively and consistently.
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions with the business, IT, Sales Operations and other key solution contributors. These sessions will focus on contributing user-centered input to functional interaction requirements and user stories.
- Create design artifacts as needed based on defined business and user needs (e.g., journey maps, information flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, navigation models, screen flows).
- Define and manage standard usability metrics for Field Technology tools and processes.
- Stay abreast of evolving user experience practices to proactively identify and recommend opportunities to enhance business processes and tools.
- Facilitate effective onboarding and productivity of design-related temporary staffing (e.g., UI and visual design vendors).
- Work with Field Product Manager to analyze user research to define and inform Market Problems and combine business and user challenges to create unified view of acceptance criteria.
- Work with Technical Product Managers to assess user impact of architectural decisions and contribute to information architecture, taxonomy mapping and content management efforts.
- Work with Product Delivery Managers to prototype, test, implement and validate interaction requirements.
What you need to succeed
- 8+ years of experience with sales applications and solutions in an enterprise setting
- Understanding of business processes/models with emphasis on holistic sales processes and strategy (Opportunity Management, Professional Services, Customer Success)
- Experience with improving and optimizing collaborative user experiences
- Demonstrated understanding of standard methodologies in user research and interaction design
- Proficiency at synthesizing diverse and complex needs, communicating them simply to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with teams across multiple geographies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to articulate production process and tool needs to a distributed team of both technical and non-technical staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners)
- A passion for operational excellence and a high regard for exceptional user experience
- An ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, demanding and fluid environment and maintain a can-do attitude
- Ability to track and coordinate multi-step processes with many details
- Ability to establish priorities and boundaries, and communicate expectations in a positive manner
- Ability to multi-task with multiple short-term business critical deadlines
- Must be self-starter and work effectively with minimal direction
- Strong leadership and meeting facilitation skills
- BA/BS degree in a technical (or related) field or comparable experience
- Able to work non-standard hours when needed to meet project deadlines
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.