Senior Director / VP Sales Development & Mid Market at Rokt (New York City, NY)
Rokt is the global leader in ecommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in NYC and a major R&D hub in Sydney. With 50% annual growth and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Sales Development Director/VP will own the Sales Development functions for the enterprise business and the sales function for the Mid Market (Shopify/Woo/BigCommerce) business for Rokt - effectively managing all cold outreach in coordination with sales leadership. Equal parts Mid Market Sales Leadership and Enterprise Sale Development, the role includes account based marketing support and multi-threading activities for the purpose of developing a pipeline for new sales. This role also involved the recruiting and development of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) and entry-level sellers.
- Manage two distinct teams: 1) Sales Development representatives serving our largest enterprise prospects and 2) Inside sellers prospecting the leading mid-market retail / DTC brands (Shopify/Big/Woo stores) in US markets. Opportunities may exist to expand role globally but initially focused on the US market.
- Consistently use data (open rates, booked meetings %, revenue generated, etc - by channel) to inform decisions and improve team performance
- Understand the nuance between Rokt’s product lines and potential prospects - driving relevant messages across each
- Consistently deliver against targets - ensuring company and team goals and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably
- Drive the strategy and execution of outreach and outbound activity - developing repeatable tactics to scale across the team
- Keep account, contact and prospect lists fresh and reactive to changes in market conditions
- Become a masterful pitcher, seller, closer of Rokt’s App-based solutions
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team demonstrates an understanding of the company’s core values and executes against them
- Be responsible for the hiring, training, coaching, and development of the SDR and mid market sales teams to help them master the skills across sales including: cold-calling/emailing, execution of go-to-market strategy, understanding different customer profiles and personas and facilitating the development of prospecting lists and target accounts
- Adopt and optimize the operations of the SDR and MidMarket organizations (able to recommend areas for improvement in process and productivity)
- Create incentive structures and goals structures in an ever-changing sales environment
- Drive the operational execution of communications associated with events and conferences
- Own the activities associated with conferences, events, networking dinners
- Learn Rokt's core customer verticals and develop specific strategies of approach specific to each vertical, leading from the front as a true player-coach.
- Gain a deep understanding of the mid market (retail, DTC) ecosystem - making recommendations to senior leadership on ways to improve performance
- 5+ years leading Sales Development, SMB / Mid Market or enterprise sales team
- 3+ years experience specializing in sales development, prospecting and outbound sales activities
- Natural leader, collaborator and team player - you have the passion and ability to lead a team of people and be able to inspire your direct team and others around you
- Experience using CRM tools such as Hubspot or Salesforce
- Experience with sales enablement tools like Apollo, Outreach or SalesLoft
- Highly self-motivated, accountable, proactive and thoughtful with high attention to detail
- Ready to tackle any challenge and be solutions oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the Shopify ecosystem a huge plus
- Safety is our highest priority. We actively invest in the growth of our people and the strengthening of our communities. Our NYC office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. We require all Rokt’stars and anyone else who will be onsite at the Rokt NYC office–clients, contractors, vendors, and suppliers–to show proof of vaccination and their booster shot.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruitment process is tough but diligent. We’re constantly aiming to implement our value of “raise the bar” and set high standards for our Rokt’stars. This is essential in our high-performing, high-grow culture where we strive to bring in the brightest and best talent. Our teams thrive by challenging the status quo and we encourage all of our teams to unleash their desire to achieve something bigger.
- Join a community. At Rokt we’re a community of curious explorers. We’re not afraid of venturing into uncharted territories. We work together as one single, aligned team. We value diversity and transparency which is why we support a number of internal employee resource groups including an EDI steering committee, Rainbow Rokts that empowers our LGBTQIA+ Rokt’stars, Womxn who Rokt that promotes gender equality in tech, and more.
- Accelerate your career. We want you to unleash your full potential. This is why we have an annual ‘Level Up’ allowance of $5,000 that gives Rokt’stars the ability to take courses, attend events, go to training, and more to help our great employees become even better leaders.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We even incentivize individuals to utilize their PTO with “High 5” days, an additional 5 days of PTO when you’ve used 75% of your allotted annual paid leave. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. In order to unleash our potential, we want to ensure you’re able to keep your wellbeing a priority. This means you can enjoy a well-balanced, catered lunch 5x a week in the office along with healthy snacks. We also want you to feel at home when coming into work which is why we’re a dog-friendly office so you can bring your furry friend to work with you. As part of your wellbeing benefits, we offer a wellness stipend so you can enjoy the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your entire family!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! We want our Rokt’stars to enjoy the ride. As we aim to bring meaning and fun to our everyday work, we host global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022, and Whistler in 2023). As we strive to build a community of curious explorers, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have bustling offices in great cities including: New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we’re better together. We love spending time together and are in the office most days (most teams are in the office 3-4 days per week). We also get that you need to balance your life and your commitments so you have flexibility to manage your own hours and can spend up to a week of every quarter working from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we know our collective strength comes from how different we all are. We encourage you to apply for one of our open roles—irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Compensation: $127,500 - $175,000/year + quarterly performance-based bonus + equity + (great) benefits