Sales Manager at Marco Technologies (Des Moines, IA)
| Des Moines, IA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:51 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 19, 2022
Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 650+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving divisional sales goals for assigned sales representatives. You will manage assigned resources and territory to insure long-term business development and sales growth. You will develop competencies, support corporate initiatives and philosophies, and meet acceptable standards of key performance indicators (KPI’s). Through teaming, you’ll provide superior service and support to the client.
- Manage the assigned department team members as follows:
- Lead, coach and train team members.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for team.
- Be an escalation point of contact to handle issues and involve direct leadership as needed.
- Monitor team coverage, oversee personal time off approval, make sure back-ups are in place and redistribute work to cover when others are out.
- Monitor staffing and equipment needs.
- Conduct performance reviews and make compensation decisions.
- Manage sales funnel to achieve individual and team sales goals and corporate initiatives.
- Sell products and services at established profit goals.
- Uphold Marco’s business ethics by ensuring our solutions provide clients with increased efficiencies and profits.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of company products and services, Marco sales processes, markets, trends, competitors, and clients to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct effective sales presentations of products and solutions offered by Marco.
- Promote cross selling opportunities with other sales divisions, inside sales and other sales support personnel.
- Utilize CRM to establish and maintain a well-qualified data base.
- Support Marco’s commitment to total customer satisfaction through active participation in the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process including prompt research and resolution.
- Strive for self-improvement by establishing and working to reach professional and personal development goals.
- Develop territory plans to increase sales and market penetration.
- Manage the required non-traditional work hours to meet job duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- OTHER DUTIES:
- Please note the job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of personal insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Willingness to travel with overnight stays as required.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Self-starter, ability to plan and implement territory sales strategy with limited supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, goal-driven environment.
- Highly organized, ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of sales activity.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to operate with changing priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to deal effectively and professionally with all types of people and situations.
- Proficient with business collaboration tools including MS Office applications and company specific programs.
- EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Standard Marco work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. Hours may vary and include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Frequent travel is required via automobiles and airplanes, occasionally requires overnight stays and includes travel to different client locations.
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
*all benefits are dependent on employment status
To apply (and to learn more about what makes us great), visit: www.marconet.com/careers
More Information on Marco Technologies
Marco Technologies operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in St. Cloud, MN, St Louis Park, MN, Appleton, WI, Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND. Marco Technologies was founded in 1973. It has 1086 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 16 open jobs at Marco Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description