Sales Engineer - Mid Market (West) at Plaid (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:01 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 16, 2022
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Sales Engineers at Plaid are responsible for providing technical guidance to prospective customers throughout the pre-sales cycle. We demonstrate how Plaid’s solutions will address customers’ business needs, help development teams rationalize the use of our API platform, and help decision-makers understand how Plaid can fit into their product ecosystem. In addition to partnering closely with Account Executives, Sales Engineers also interface with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Marketing. The Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert in the pre-sales process, and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements.
As an Mid-Market Sales Engineer, you’ll closely support our Mid-Market and Startup Account Executives as the technical partner during the pre-sales process. Our customers are high-growth startups that will become the next great FinTech companies, and your job is to help them use Plaid to drive amazing experiences for their customers. You will be responsible for addressing technical objections and furthering customer understanding of Plaid solutions. You’ll also demonstrate Plaid integrations so that customers can envision how products align with their objectives. You will ensure a successful transition to the post-sale stage of the customer lifecycle and ensure that integrations for high-value prospects are vetted before customers go live. Once you are ramped, you will have a deep understanding of how clients can best utilize Plaid and you’ll have built significant knowledge of the Fintech ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Serve as the technical partner for Startup and Mid-Market prospects throughout the sales process
- Demonstrate to prospects how Plaid can best address their use cases and technical requirements
- Address technical objections and provide best practices on implementing Plaid solutions
- Work with our engineering and product teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights.
What excites us
- Sales-focused mindset and a strong sense of empathy
- Technical fluency and curiosity
- Experience selling or building SaaS products
- Excellent communications skills with a confident and proactive approachAbility to understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly
- Basic knowledge of APIs and application structure
- Bonus: Understanding of financial infrastructure and systems, e.g. payments, account funding, KYC/AML, risk management
- Bonus: Knowledge of web services, API-based integrations, application design and related standards such as HTTP and REST.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected].
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
More Information on Plaid
Plaid operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Plaid was founded in 2013. It has 1012 total employees. To see all 21 open jobs at Plaid, click here.
Read Full Job Description