Egnyte continues to expand its smart content management platform that goes beyond just enabling best in class collaboration, but also provides unstructured data governance via automated file inspection/classification, permission management, compromised account and insider threat detection as well as data lifecycle management.
Egnyte is seeking a pre-sales security expert with a focus on unstructured data access governance, including experience conducting data risk assessments and consulting customers of all sizes on appropriate data protection and compliance strategies.
Experience with classification, DLP and CASB vendors is a plus, especially with a focus on unstructured data, cloud migration, permission management, and data privacy compliance (GDPR, CCPA, HIPPA, etc).
The Sales Engineer is a creative thinker that acts as the "Liaison" between Sales, Product, Marketing and the Customer by identifying and removing any potential roadblocks early in the sales process while creating detailed specifications agreed upon by both Egnyte and the client. You'll manage customer pilots, prospect demonstrations and POC/POVs, including hands-on installation and configuration of Egnyte and third-party products. You'll develop deep knowledge of the Egnyte platform, competition, integrations and our customer industries.
Your Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Understand our customers' businesses and challenge their ideas of the status quo
- Be the technical lead in customer engagements in partnership with the sales team to gain technical fit through a consultative sales approach
- Proactively identify and address customer's technical needs and objections to drive sales
- Be able to guide understand customer data protection needs and explain pros and cons of different approaches and tools
- Conduct data risk governance assessments to help prospects understand their risk exposure and give guidance for prioritizing addressing identified concerns
- Share security experience and industry knowledge with peers to better position Egnyte solutions and fit with customer data governance strategies
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and solution proposals by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions, with a focus on Egnyte's products and services.
- Maintain high level knowledge of technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy Egnyte should develop to counter.
- Maintain deep knowledge of all Egnyte products/services, competitive product lines and platform integrations through self-education and Egnyte's enablement resources.
- Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
- Lead RFI, RFP and Security Questionnaire response completions.
- Travel to customer sites, Egnyte internal meetings and trade show/conferences, if needed
- 5-7 years of Sales Engineering experience, ideally with data access governance (unstructured data), data loss prevention (DLP) or classification/file analysis solutions
- Strong interest and competency in regulatory compliance (GDPR/CCPA, HIPAA, FedRAMP, CMMC)
- CISSP certification or equivalent experience focused on data protection
- Curiosity about technology, and passion to both learn and share with peers and customers
- Ability to work with all levels of customer roles up to and including the CIO, CTO and CISO
- Strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work, resolve and prioritize issues to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to sell effectively in front of a mixed technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to quickly assess the critical elements of a situation and decide and execute appropriate action
- Broad knowledge of SaaS, infrastructure, network, authentication, security and associated collaboration and governance technologies.
- Strong experience with process-centric solution selling (aka consultative- or value-selling)
- Appreciation of and experience with the entire sales cycle including pre-sales, deployment, customer success and retention is preferred