Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling and reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
Team & Function Overview:
General Assembly (GA)’s Enterprise (B2B) sales team has established a new Sales Strategy & Enablement function tasked with helping the business grow in a strategic, streamlined way and act as a multiplier for the sales team’s effectiveness. The Sales Operations Manager role is an integral part of this function. With GA’s recent acquisition, B2B sales strategy and synergies are a top priority for GA, and this role will have the opportunity to lead key workstreams and have direct interaction with the Enterprise General Manager and GA’s c-suite execs.
This role will own and build out key pieces of the Sales Strategy & Enablement function, including:
- Develop, organize, and evolve a standard set of materials to be used by sales team members (e.g., sales slides, case studies)
- Develop, launch, and evolve delivery of onboarding program for new sales team members and additional training touch points to advance their development
Go to Market Strategy
- Develop, document, and support processes to facilitate the GTM strategy (e.g., account planning processes, sales processes, tracking and accountability mechanisms)
- Lead analysis to support decisions regarding the GTM strategy & processes (e.g., territory planning and lead distribution)
Sales Monitoring, Insights, and Optimization
- Lead problem solving around challenges in efficiently capturing data (across sales, marketing, and product) develop supporting processes & implementation plans, and lead adoption of these processes
- Draw insights from trends in sales data (e.g., across industries, product disciplines and types, client personas, business problem types, sales cycle length, revenue) to optimize sales activities and support the sales team in adjusting processes to maximize these opportunities
- Support the alignment of systems and processes (e.g., performance management & sales compensation incentive plans) to support sales priorities
- Act as the point person for the B2B sales strategy function for critical cross-functional initiatives (e.g., working with the marketing team to maximize top-of-the-funnel activities & track their success, commercial & GTM models e.g., ecommerce, outbound regional sales)
Skills & Qualifications:
Our ideal candidates thrives toggling between big-picture, strategic thinking and rolling up their sleeves to structure and collaboratively implement an action plan to help our quickly growing organization move forward, all while using data to inform decisions along the way. Ideal skills include:
- Ability to seek, structure, and synthesize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information to solve problems. As part of a new team in a rapidly growing and evolving organization, this role will be constantly “charting new territory” and will independently define ambiguous problems and structure solutions to them using inputs including large data sets, proactively gathering input from other GA colleagues, mobilizing relevant colleagues & structuring the group to jointly solve a problem, etc.
- Ability to logically gather - and analyze - large amounts of data. Building out - and using - our data is a big focus of the team. You should be fluent with data cleaning techniques and advanced analysis skills. Experience using Excel is a must. Experience using Tableau and SQL preferred.
- Stakeholder engagement sense. GA works in an agile fashion, continuously evolving processes across teams to increase our effectiveness. The ability to coordinate with other teams and ensure all relevant stakeholders have buy in on the team’s initiatives is critical; The ability to quickly understand the stakeholder landscape in an organization, identify relevant stakeholders for a workstream, and proactively engage them to ensure projects are successful.
- Balance of big picture and details. You will lead multiple new initiatives; Must be able to think “big picture” to structure the work but also be able to “get in the weeds” to account for details to create simple, user-friendly processes and track & manage the execution of this work over time.
- Strong written communication, particularly the ability to create well-structured and visual powerpoint presentations for both internal leadership and external client audiences, including the creation of sales decks to tell GA’s story to clients.
If you are a Colorado applicant, you are eligible to receive information about the salary range and benefits for this role. Please contact [email protected] for details.