Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Digital Payments Relationship Manager will assist in the development of new and existing partnerships throughout the digital payments ecosystem. These partners span the digital commerce experience, encompassing functions such as payment gateways, shopping cart providers, payment facilitators, software developers, and more. This segment bridges the gap between legacy payment experiences and new solution providers that solve critical payment experiences in the e-commerce, SaaS, and mobile channels. The role will primarily focus on Tier II and Tier III partner types. As a part of these efforts, the role will also manage projects that require qualification, identification and collaboration to perform outreach to the vastly growing new players in digital.
The Relationship Manager role is responsible for leading the acquiring, business development and client management efforts for enablement partners. He/she establishes relationships with enablement partners to execute on strategic initiatives and marketing programs in support of broadening Discover’s acceptance footprint. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: driving transaction volume growth and market-share improvement, and ensuring consistent implementation of Discover value-added products.
- Partner internally and externally to identify, develop and implement new business opportunities.
- Ensure enablement partners accept network cards and that they include all appropriate company products in their offerings
- Present and execute marketing and promotional initiatives to increase transactions, grow market-share and improve merchant stated awareness, acceptance and product offerings.
- Consult with other client facing teams within Discover to assist in supporting their client needs for mobile, digital and integrated payments
- Partner with enablers to identify new business development opportunities
- Coordinate and perform related project based initiates including reports and analysis
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members
- Implement and support operational initiatives and ensure full compliance with Discover Network’s Change Release processes, compliance and business practices
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time, including some overnight travel
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Sales/relationship management, business development, strategy, operations, project management or related
- 4+ years of successful and proactive payments industry sales/relationship management experience with focus on payments industry technology
- 4+ experience in developing and executing marketing programs to foster growth in B2B and B2C engagements
- Exceptional relationship management and consultative sales skills and proven experience building deep and influential relationships with key stakeholders, executive level clients and internal business partners.
- Understanding of payments, knowledgeable about the acquiring industry and key business functions: planning, strategy, marketing, finance, operations, etc.
- Persuasive acumen and the ability to think “out of the box”
- Passionate about growth and being a change agent throughout all of DGN
- Ability to produce and deliver influential presentations (internal & external)
- Project management, business analysis, interpersonal and communication skills.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.