We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- Serve as the primary account manager for a group of Coinbase’s highest value institutional clients, co-owning the relationship with our Institutional Coverage sales teams from top of funnel through on platform support
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing Coinbase institutional clients, driving successful integrations with the institutional product suite and impact to the overall business
- Provide a best in class experience for our clients through effective stakeholder management, decisive prioritization, and efficient execution across institutional teams
- Understand complex, multi-product client workflows and strategies to ensure that our institutional clients are integrated appropriately and using our product suite optimally
- Effectively triage, manage and prioritize incoming client requests. Manage requests through to resolution, including delegating across teams of subject matter experts
- Facilitate prospect and client demo calls, serving as subject matter expert on product features, answering technical cryptocurrency related questions, and demonstrating how Coinbase can fit into their overall strategy
- Distill client feedback to internal teams including Advocacy, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless, white-glove support experience for our highest value individual and institutional clients
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in an institutional client partner / services / advisory role in financial services or technology industry.
- Experience servicing and partnering with market makers and high frequency traders.
- Experience with relationship or account management for institutional clients, liaising with executive leadership, management, and/or senior operations contacts
- In depth knowledge of global financial markets, prime brokerage, margin, lending, derivatives, trading platforms, custody, and/or crypto
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and client locations (depending on business need)
- High level of proficiency in cryptocurrency and Coinbase products
- Advanced degree in business, finance, project management or client experience
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $105,400, 127,075 or 161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.