We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase Ventures was launched in 2018 with the mandate to support the growing crypto ecosystem by investing in teams and projects that push the industry forward . Since launch, Coinbase Ventures has backed some of the industry's most important projects at the earliest stages and has also become one of the most prolific investors in crypto by deal count, with over 200+ portfolio companies today. The Ventures team sits at the bleeding edge of the industry, providing an important strategic benefit to both Coinbase and the ecosystem by supporting the development of the broader crypto ecosystem and building strong relationships between industry leaders and compelling entrepreneurs.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Ideate, create, and build a compelling and scalable platform for portfolio companies including:
- Organize valuable interactions between Coinbase and the Coinbase Ventures Portfolio
- Organize valuable interactions amongst the Coinbase Ventures Portfolio
- In partnership with the Venture’s media team, promote the Coinbase Ventures portfolio within Coinbase and externally
- Develop insights from the Coinbase Ventures Portfolio
- Project manage the implementation and improvement of supporting technologies like the external website and internal CRM
- Be the point of contact for Coinbase Ventures portfolio companies
- Manage follow on funding and diligence processes
- Support portfolio valuation and reporting
- Build and maintain a network of internal and external partners relevant to the support of our portfolio companies
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years experience working with startups in a one-to-many environment including: online communities (Slack/Discord), running events, demo days, facilitating business development, and collecting/analysing information from portfolio.
- 2+ years of experience and/or observable interest in venture capital
- 2+ years of experience and/or observable interest in cryptocurrency
- Excellent organizational and communication skill specifically applicable to the experience mentioned above
- BA/BS degree
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a platform/operations role at top-tier venture capital firm and/or cryptocurrency specific company
- Experience with cryptocurrency research, analyst, and/or journalism roles
- Management consulting, and/or corporate strategy experience
- Engineering experience, preferably in or with blockchains
- MS or advanced degree
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.