Merchant Commercial Sales Executive at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In this position, you will work with a small group of other self-motivated, high achieving sales professionals who enjoy working with upper-level bankers and helping middle market (primarily) business owners grow their business through accepting payments, while more than likely, saving them money. You and the team will all report to the same experienced sales leader who is there simply to support the team in every way possible.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be representing the world's largest payments provider, primarily through leads developed from an assigned bank's treasury managers and relationship managers. On a daily basis you will be working with these assigned bankers to develop solid relationships that will lead to increased revenue. You will participate in the full sales-cycle from initial contact to full onboarding with FIS. By focusing in on an established geographic region, you will be able to target areas for growth by reviewing and analyzing business trends in the location.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Develop and execute strategies for selling services to middle-market merchants in assigned territory.
- Identify new prospects and revenue opportunities for merchant services through referrals, lead lists, referrals from current merchants and self-sourcing
- Develop in-depth knowledge of products, value added services and pricing models of targeted merchants and recommend additional products and services to compliment businesses
- Utilize available resources to ensure merchant is properly set-up on FIS system, processing transactions and is initially billed according to agreement
- Respond promptly to prospect inquiries and requests, and prepare proposals, letters and presentations utilizing FIS resources
- Provide manager with regular reports and updates, both written and verbal, outlining prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement
- Typically 8-12 years of success in a related business-to-business sales experience in the middle market or enterprise- level
- A reputation as an expert in the field
- Expert negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes exemplary presentation abilities.
- Comfort and documented skills in negotiating with C-level client
- Competitive compensation plan with base salary, commission, residuals and bonuses, that will compensate you at your level of performance
- Attractive benefits package, including health insurance, 401K, Stock Purchase Plan, ample Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Pet Insurance, and many more
- Outstanding opportunities for self-development and career growth
- A modern, international work environment and motivated team
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.