Manager of Sales Development at Gainsight (Remote)
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.Job Description
As the Gainsight Manager of Sales Development, your team's mission is to apply pipeline generation to identify and acquire new prospects in medium-sized companies and large enterprises to help grow and develop our footprint in the SaaS market. You will play a key role as you lead this highly visible and motivated team that achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. We are looking for leaders who want to further develop their own careers by continuous professional development and taking on increasing responsibilities within Gainsight as we grow.
- Hire and develop Sales Development Representatives into AE candidates for further development within the organization
- Create reporting on defined daily, weekly and monthly metrics to sales & marketing leadership at Gainsight
- Motivate individuals on the SDR team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular recognition of top performance, and inspirational leadership
- Work with the Director of Sales Development, Sales Operations, and Marketing, to identify, and implement recommendations for improvement in the areas of SDR efficiency, tools and productivity
- Build internal relationships with departmental leadership, including Sales, Product, Marketing and Operations teams
- Work closely with Marketing on defining campaign follow-up and reporting
- Establish ongoing criteria for Sales Development's involvement in sales process
- 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train & motivate a team
- Consistent proven track record of over achievement of quota expectations
- Deep understanding of inbound & outbound prospecting methodology in all market segments
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate information effectively to the team
- Outstanding presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.Here are our 5 core values:
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients, or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching, and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism, and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Some other reasons that Gainsters love working here:
- Our Customers: 700+ happy customers. ‘Nuff said.
- Our Pulse Community: Some of the brightest and nicest professionals, colleagues, and friends make up our 20k+ strong Pulse community.
- Our CEO: With a 99% approval rating on Glassdoor, Nick Mehta is one of the most beloved CEOs in Silicon Valley.
- Our Gainsters: 1200+ (and growing!) smart and friendly teammates around the world.
- Our Pulse Impact program: We are committed to advancing an equitable, human-first industry culture by addressing professional barriers to success and promoting an inclusive community that reflects the diverse world around us.
- Our Parody Videos: No explanation needed, just watch them here!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark at a high-growth company and have loads of fun doing it. Come join us!