Manager, Sales Development (BDR) at AlertMedia (Austin, TX)
Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: to save lives and minimize loss by facilitating timely communications when an emergency situation threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values, which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right, include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is seeking a Manager, Sales Development to bring leadership, mentorship, and teaching-by-example to a team of our Business Development Representatives (BDRs) in our consultative, conversational sales environment. This team member will manage a team of high-performing BDRs while partnering closely with marketing and other departments to constantly improve our a strategic, sustainable BDR program.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You are a high-energy sales leader who is passionate about winning, strategic by nature, and has a proven track record of success in managing and mentoring a BDR team for B2B software solutions. You are a "player-coach" who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves, help prospect, or join a call. You know managing is more than sitting in an office pulling call stats. You are a mentor who leads by example and actively engages with your team. You've had past success as a consultative seller, and have preferably managed BDR teams, helping them move the needle in the sales process. You are driven to succeed and love helping others win!
What you get to do every day:
- Hire, train, and mentor Business Development Representatives
- Create a highly collaborative, driven, and engaged BDR team
- Manage & motivate team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual performance goals
- Coach your team in creating new opportunities for the sales pipeline by setting qualified meetings with identified prospects
- Work closely with your team on critical elements of prospecting
- Manage your team’s performance and sales pipeline
- Contribute to our high-functioning BDR program strategies and processes for driving new business into AlertMedia
- Constantly strive for self-improvement and possess the curiosity to stay abreast of industry and market trends
- Become an expert on AlertMedia’s product offerings and sales process, so you can train, guide, and mentor your team to success
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of BDR and/or inside sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- Prior sales experience in a consultative sales role within a SaaS environment a plus
- 2+ years of experience managing BDR teams in a SaaS environment preferred
- A highly collaborative, creative & strategic thinker
- A strong contributor to a positive, transparent, energetic, and compassionate culture
- Excellent communicator with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while working collaboratively with other teams
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive Base salary + Competitive commission plan + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees!
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other!
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row and numerous other awards
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate