At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We are dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
We are a startup within an emerging cloud superpower. We collaborate with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks. We are curious, fun, a little intense, and obsessed with helping our users and customers thrive. We have launched a new product, Lightstep Incident Response for DevOps/SRE with a product-led go-to-market and are looking for a Sales Development Representative who is ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Business Development Representative helps with building product awareness, increasing sign-ups and paid users while achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual growth objectives.
- Utilize and leverage internal and external technology to identify, develop and manage leads effectively
- Prospect via call, email, and social strategies
- Research, identify, and prioritize target accounts for prospecting activities, building prospecting contact lists and org/account mappings
- Articulate the business value proposition to assess buying interest from inbound leads
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest to stimulate opportunity through outbound efforts
- Understand an organization's business drivers, challenges, pain points
- Identify expansion opportunities and nurture free tier users
- Create, manage, and drive all inbound leads to product adoption
- Collaborate with Marketing in executing various demand generation campaigns
- Invite and drive attendance to company events and regional trade shows
- Understand how the solution addresses various customer pain points
- Acquire, update, and maintain contact information in the internal tools
To be successful in this role you have:
- Prior experience with telemarketing, lead generation, or cold calling
- A general understanding of Information Technology and SaaS offerings
- Excellent customer-facing listening, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to build meaningful business relationships with customers, prospects, and internal colleagues
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter, goal-orientated, and customer-centric
- Endlessly curious - you love asking questions and learning
- Ability to perform in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Experience working with a technical product or possess the aptitude to quickly learn.
- Experience working with developers and decision makers within an organization.
- Ability to spot opportunities to improve and organize processes as a business evolves.
- Experience defining the SDR practice or have been a company's first PDR is a huge plus
- Travel for training and/or meetings may occasionally be required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.