Role: Outside Sales Agent (non-captive)
Location: 100% Remote
Work from Home in AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NH, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TX, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI or WV
Job Type: Independent Contractor (1099)
Compensation: 100% Commission
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo’s Outside Sales Agents are Property & Casualty licensed individuals that are able to work completely remote by selling our amazing products on a contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to maximize their existing book of business in Life and Health, financial services, estate planning, real estate, or tax preparation.
Hippo's Outside Sales Agents are non-captive and set their own hours, working part-time or full-time. Our Agents generate their own leads and compensation is entirely commissions-based.
Here’s how it works:
- Hippo Insurance provides ongoing product training and sales development and pays E&O for all Hippo policies.
- There are NO fees to get started nor for portal access or appointments.
- Hippo services the policy 100%, meaning you simply bind & sell the policy, and we take care of the rest!
Compensation is 100% commission based, plus Hippo offers additional bonus incentives.
- $250/Hippo policy that is sold and active. This includes HO3, HO6, and *DP3 (*DP3 available in some states).
- Quick Start Bonus - $750 for each of your 1st 5 policies sold in your first 60 days and $500 for each policy sold after your first 5 in your first 60 days of being appointed with us.
- $1000 referral fee for referring a colleague (P&C licensed) who joins the Hippo Outside Sales team and sells 5 Hippo policies within their first three months.
- Additional quarterly bonuses are also available. The more you sell in a quarter, the more you make! Ask us for more information on our quarterly bonus.
To join the Direct Sales Team, you need:
- One or more years of sales or insurance industry experience.
- An active Property and Casualty License in one of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NH, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TX, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI or WV
The interview and onboarding process is fast and simple. Apply today and get started selling Hippo policies right away!