Director of Sales at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
As a result of our continued growth here at LivePerson, we’re looking to hire an experienced Director of Sales to join our North America team to develop, manage and grow a team of experienced Enterprise and Commercial sales professionals. This is a first line management role and report into the SVP for North America . The opportunity to grow this team significantly and elevate to second line management will be quick for the right leader driving the growth across this region.
About you: You’re a hands-on leader, mentor and motivator of your team, supporting them on sales deals, and with our customers. This is not a desk manager position – we want you to be out there with your team, with our customers rolling your sleeves up when needed. The ideal profile for this role will be someone with a proven track record in building, recruiting, developing and growing high performing diverse enterprise field sales teams within software sales organisations. Knowledge of the AI, Machine learning, SaaS, Voice and Messaging market would be advantageous. You lead by example and are all about operational excellence. You have an excellent work ethic, yet you also understand the importance of work/life balance. You’re open, collaborative, passionate about what you, and are customer focused.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
In this role you will:
- Identify and hire the best talent to create a diverse team of Enterprise and Mid Market field sales professionals.
- Continuously mentor, coaching your team; leading by example to enable them to become high performers and overachievers. Your success is their success and you are all about recognising that.
- Be responsible for the sales strategy of your team across the region you cover and will be able to leverage your creativity and entrepreneurial mindset to cement the long-term success of your team.
- Utilise your attention to detail and data to ensure the operational excellence, forecasting and pipeline management of your team.
- Formulate a cohesive partner strategy, working closely with our channel; driving best in class efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Be involved in large opportunities and represent LivePerson at customer meetings to further support your sales team when required; as well as leveraging your peers, other business areas to support large opportunities when needed.
- Build and develop Executive level relationships with our customers, to be the Senior Executive face of the business
Your qualifications are:
- You’re a recruiter! We are company builders and in this role, you’ll be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- A true team player – You’re a supportive leader, and nurturer of talent. You understand the importance of fostering a collaborative team environment in order to deliver the best results.
- Energy and Creativity – Energy and enthusiasm are your trademarks. You think out-of-the-box and impress people with your interesting angles and quality work. You’re not afraid to challenge in order to improve efficiency and success
- Experienced – You have a proven track record in managing, building, and developing teams of experienced enterprise and Mid Market sales professionals, within a matrixed, software sales organisation. You know what good looks like. You have a track record in consistently exceeding your quotas and still have that ‘hunter’ mentality. You have a strong background in selling solutions across large enterprise and Mid market customers.
- Excellent Communicator – You know what to say and, more importantly, how to say it. Your inter-personal skills also make you an excellent networker, and you’re able to use this to your advantage to bring the right people together to get things done.
- Passion and Conviction - You can inspire passion in others. You’re a true motivator
- Customer Focused - You deliver customer service like you expect to receive it; with excellence.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.