Director of Business Development at Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a director of business development to run point on strategic partnerships and new growth channels. This role requires an entrepreneurial, independent, personality combined with the passion to build strong relationships both internally and externally. Working closely with other department leaders, you’ll be responsible to identify and execute new partnership and growth opportunities as well as manage and optimize existing relationships with our most valuable strategic partners.
- Define Public’s partner and integration led growth strategy, including expansion of existing verticals and creation of new initiatives.
- Expand and develop partnerships within existing growth verticals, including digital banks and financial institutions and other affiliate marketplaces.
- Develop new product integration initiatives, and work cross-functionally to implement those.
- Collaborate with our Marketing, User Acquisition, and Brand teams to support their objectives via existing and new partners.
This role reports to the Head of Business Development and will work closely with our Marketing and User Acquisition teams.Who you are:
- The right candidate is an entrepreneurial problem solver who is passionate about making a measurable impact as part of a fast growing company.
- You have extensive experience in building and executing innovative, and sometimes complex, partnership initiatives that scale.
- You’re a creative thinker able to propose and bring to life unique and unexpected partner ideas
- You have 5+ years of experience in a relevant business development, partnerships, or sales role in a tech or fintech company.
- You are genuinely curious about financial technology and innovation, and have a good understanding of the ecosystem and different key players within it.
- You share Public’s passion for making the public markets work for everyone, and are motivated by the opportunity to further democratize who invests in the U.S.
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.