Director, Business Development (Government) at HealthVerity (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:22 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 30, 2022
How you will help
As a Director, Business Development of Government you will be focused on selling and expanding HealthVerity’s product offerings to federal and strategic state governments. You’ll join our growing Government sales team and be responsible for prospecting contacts, generating qualified opportunities, winning new business and managing relationships with key customers. You will successfully expand our presence in assigned government accounts by constantly looking for ways for HealthVerity to support our clients’ needs. You will have a deep understanding of the healthcare data and analytics space, particularly around selling technology and data to key government stakeholders.
What you will do
• Generate revenue through new and existing relationships with federal and strategic state government agencies
• Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast to achieve individual revenue goals
• Position yourself as a consultative subject matter expert and the single point of contact between HealthVerity and your government customers
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the policy, economic, business and clinical pressures impacting the Government priorities and, based on this knowledge, proactively engage with Government clients to meet their needs
• Confidently and credibly present healthcare data and licensing solutions by leading product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related activities
• Engage customers in identifying and shaping opportunities. Actively market the company brand, establish customer expectations and shape opportunities by creating white papers and responding to RFI's and RFP's.
• Work closely and cross-functionally with Pre-Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Strategy & Innovation teams to develop solutions that solve for client challenges
• Drive all stages of opportunity development from coordinating product proposals, RFIs, RFPs to contract negotiations and execution
• Collaborate with Sales Operations and Delivery teams on account status, follow up activities, product literature, opportunity status, win-loss and related sales support tasks
• You have extensive experience selling healthcare data research assets (medical claims, prescription claims, EMR, etc.), related analytic applications, and SaaS.
• You are a seasoned consultative seller successful at uncovering and developing sales opportunities with federal health agencies.
• You are passionate about solving your client’s most pressing research, strategic and business questions with data or technology
• You have the ability to operate effectively in a complex white-space, concept-driven environment
• You are an overachiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
• You excel in the ability to manage the client relationship from lead through implementation
• You desire to work in an innovative, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial environment
Desired Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in quota carrying role selling complex solutions leveraging healthcare data, analytics, or SaaS technology to federal government agencies.
• Comprehensive understanding of government (Federal) procurement processes
• Working understanding of how and why different types of healthcare data are created
• Demonstrated achievement of goals as a result of finding, developing and sustaining strong client relationships in federal health agencies
• Ability to translate software, technology, and data into a resonating value proposition from leadership to end users at all levels across the enterprise
• Willingness to travel up to 40% (post-COVID)
Pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations have partnered with HealthVerity to solve some of their most complicated use cases through transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. Together with our partners, HealthVerity has built the modern way to data for the health insights economy. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Our company challenges
• Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
• Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
• Standardizing on common data models across data types
• Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
• Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
• Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
We have big plans
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’ve created a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products and services. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that each team member at HealthVerity feels connected, validated and heard. From Philadelphia to Manhattan Beach, our success is driven by recognizing that a team is made up of individuals. We offer a robust set of benefits and perks to everyone. View details on our careers page.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote
More Information on HealthVerity
HealthVerity operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. HealthVerity was founded in 2015. It has 150 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 51 open jobs at HealthVerity, click here.
Read Full Job Description