Customer Success Engineer at OpenGov (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 24, 2022
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Customer Success Engineer (CSE) role:
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) provides premium support and services to our customers in a post-deployment manner. The purpose of the role is to provide technical services and support to customers for all technical items that arise post-deployment and to act as the “facilitator” between our customers and OpenGov.
In addition, the CSE role provides a premium level of service to help the customer maximize system and functional performance and usability in leveraging all available product functionality. In this role, you will provide technical services using a consultative approach in solving complex customer issues with the product. You will work closely alongside the Customer Management, Product, Professional Service, and Renewal teams focusing on solving complex customer cases to ensure maximized use of our products. It is key and essential that the individuals in this role understand the product functionality and the product roadmap to ensure the customers are obtaining a premium level of support and service to maximize product usage.
The CSE will call on internal relationships to problem solve and arrive at creative solutions for our customers. They’ll be leveraged to work with our top customers to ensure retention & growth.
A successful CSE will not just answer questions for customers, but dig in and come up with solutions to a variety of time-sensitive, operational critical issues for our customers, while strategically considering long-term product adoption. In this role you will work to solve complex cases within the solutions engineering organization while consulting customers on ways to drive value with their platform, reducing the escalations to the professional services, product, and engineering development teams.
In addition, the Customer Success Engineer will be called upon to provide ongoing services relative to the customers’ ever-changing business needs and assist with add-on services for named accounts.
• Work directly with customers to research, troubleshoot, and resolve technical solutions/issues in a timely manner; including, but not limited to re-configuration of OpenGov products.
• Partner cross-functionally with Customer Management, Product, Marketing, and Professional Services to drive strategic product adoption across the customer base.
• Drive product usage through consultations and one-on-one training sessions.
• Partner with the Renewals and Customer Management teams to ensure renewals and churn prevention.
• Provide scoping of post-deployment services and support.
• Manage the technical issues for Premium Support Customers and assist with prioritizing all open requests and upcoming projects.
• Support our Premium Support Customers with configuration work such as COA clean-up, data upload troubleshooting, and template troubleshooting using purchased agile service hours.
• Build an internal use-case-driven knowledge base on how to drive more value for customers.
• Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
• Testing new software functionality and actively providing product feedback.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to meet company goals and solve customer problems.
• Provide information, support, direction, and problem-solving to the teams, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, and if needed, adjust current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the projects.
• Provide visibility, reporting, and key metrics around key organizational initiatives.
• Build an internal knowledge base on how to support our customers more self-sufficiently, efficiently, and effectively.
• 5+ years of experience with implementing, supporting, managing, tracking, and reporting on SaaS products.
• Experience working with ERP web service integrations.
• Experience working with government customers is preferred.
• Strong technical aptitude – Ability to grasp technical concepts and understand the capabilities, impacts, and potential risks of implementing proposed solutions, and be able to articulate them to Customers.
• Experience with customer support case management tools.
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within the division and across the company.
• Excellent interpersonal, human relations, written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
• Strong negotiations skills; can influence all levels of the organization and is skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• The ability to absorb new technologies and features quickly.
• A team player attitude, working across the organization and company to continue improving the way we serve our customers
• Working knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles
• Government budgeting/finance experience
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Information on OpenGov
OpenGov operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Redwood City, CA. OpenGov was founded in 2022. It has 300 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 33 open jobs at OpenGov, click here.
Read Full Job Description