Customer Success Engineer at Teleport (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Based Infrastructure Access Management. That means we are the easiest, most secure way to access all an organization’s infrastructure resources. While other companies are adding complexity, we are eliminating it by consolidating, in a single platform, the four essential infrastructure access capabilities every security-conscious organization needs: connectivity, authentication, authorization and audit. Our unique approach is not only more secure but also improves developer productivity.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture.
We're also proud of our distinction as a “Great Place to Work for 2021” and our “Best Company for Perks & Benefits and Work-Life Balance” awards.
As a member of the growing Customer Success team, a Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is responsible for providing technical assistance to customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions (self-hosted and cloud-hosted) during the crucial onboarding phase. This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Customer Success Manager located in Raleigh, NC.
A CSE is a member of our Customer Success team, who is focused on providing technical support assistance for customers who have purchased our software product, Teleport. Teleport is a distributed networking and security system supporting SSH, Desktops, Kubernetes, Databases, and Applications. You will work directly with our customers during their onboarding to discuss architecture plans, relay deployment best practices, provide triage and debugging of technical issues, develop and maintain training programs, and assist the product team by capturing product feedback. As the CSE you will be the primary lead to identify and resolve technical blockers via shared chat, ticket, and meetings. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift. You should be comfortable with change and have an interest in continually learning and advancing your skillset.
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing software onboarding, software services, solution architecting, or system administration roles
- Linux administration skills
- Hands-on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure. Certifications are a plus!
- A strong understanding of Kubernetes and prior hands-on experience. Certification with CKA or CKAD is a plus!
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
- Exceptional hands-on software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills with a tenacity to identify and resolve the technical issue that may arise
- Outstanding soft skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Typical Day to Day:
-Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Teleport product, as well as in the customer environment (e.g Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP)
-Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction of account base throughout the onboarding process
- Designing the customer’s architecture and advocating for best practices during the cloud or kubernetes deployment
- Leading technical discussions to during all Customer Onboarding sync calls as the primary technical POC
- Creating and maintaining cloud and kubernetes environments to demo to new customers
- Deploying, testing and validating new features and customer issues in kubernetes, cloud and linux environments
- Work closely with our Product and Development to report and triage customer escalations.
- Plan, build and maintain Teleport training for new users to ensure successful migration to the Teleport product
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Teleport
Teleport operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Seattle, WA. Teleport was founded in 2015. It has 74 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days. To see all 17 open jobs at Teleport, click here.
Read Full Job Description