Cortex Sales Engineer at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Systems Engineering Specialist for Cortex, a Next-Gen AI-powered security operations platform, you will be the expert for our Cortex portfolio with a focus on our Northeast Healthcare accounts.
Your portfolio includes Cortex XDR (Extended Detection and Response platform across endpoints, network and cloud), Cortex XSOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, Response & Threat Intel Management), and Cortex Xpanse (Attack Surface Management).
You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that involve security operations requirements. Your role is one of technical mentorship – working with Account Managers to build integrated solutions for our client’s unique environments. With your colleagues, you will displace competing technologies, and build market share within your targeted list of Healthcare accounts, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as our product integrates to build secure digital transactions. This position is not limited to a physical Palo Alto Networks office location, but instead covers a particular market for our sales prospects.
Location: We are open to remote locations in the Northeast, US.Job Description
- Present to customers as our expert at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to manager
- Lead Proof of Concept (PoC) projects for prospective customers and partners
- Help our customers build and develop further their services around Cortex solutions
- Architect solutions that will help our customers strengthen and simplify their security posture
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and positions ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value proposition
- Respond effectively to RFIs/RFPs while serving as the main technical point of contact
- Responsible for a solution sales-based quota and successful deployments of Cortex products
- Collaborate with field & channel sales teams to recommend and develop customer solutions
- 3+ years experience in pre-sales/sales engineering within SIEM, SOAR, SOC or endpoint environments
- Experience of working with customers, demonstrating problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
- Solid understanding of Security Operations Center processes
- Advanced knowledge of SIEM and/or SOAR solutions
- Scripting experience is a plus: Python preferred
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $177,800/yr to $222,300/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.