Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to keep pets healthy. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the preventatives and insurance they need to live healthy today and fur-ever. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a happier world for pets and their people.
We’re looking for a motivated Business Development Representative who will develop meaningful relationships with prospective veterinary hospitals, shelters, and clinics. Providing direct support in assessing opportunities for our strategic and territory sales teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to respond and evaluate business opportunities identified through digital engagement, customer and partner referrals, and current customers. If you’re an animal lover who is looking to work with a top-notch sales team, while leveraging your organizational skills and persistent personality-we want to hear from you!
- Identify and respond to customer leads and execute sales assignment/escalation for company growth
- Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates, improving the overall health of the business and generating qualified leads
- Develop and execute a call cycle that delivers the optimal level of customer reach and frequency
- Effectively utilize defined CRM's to proactively manage sales opportunities
- Work directly with the broader sales team (Strategic and Territory Account Managers) to maximize market share
- Connect regularly with the Sales team and managers to continuously improve sales skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful/fair decisions based on relevant information
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to establish strong organizational systems and structures
- Capable of building customer relationships through phone communications
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Focused and results-oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in the initial stages
- Experience in evidence-based decision making and strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter
- Professional demeanour and presentation style
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)/Google Suite, experience with CRM applications
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Animal health/hospital experience
- P&C license
Newly hired staff must be fully vaccinated by their start date. Applicants unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
We are on a mission to ‘Make the best pet care possible fur all’. Pumpkin is a rapidly growing pet care startup disrupting the $1.7B US pet insurance industry. Pet insurance is growing 17% YOY, yet only 2% of dogs and cats in the US are currently insured. We’re looking to change that so that every dog and cat can live the best life pawsible.
Our Culture & Values
Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is led by a team of engineers, product managers, marketers, data experts, designers, and customer care specialists who love and live for our pets – and for yours.
Pets Come First: Put what's best for pets at the center of everything you do
Trust the Pack: Help families make empowered pet care decisions
Jump Fences: If there’s a will, there’s always a way over them
Share Toys: Be generous with your gifts and amazing things will happen
Dig New Holes: Challenge conventions to create the future of pet health care