Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the Role
Angi is seeking a Business Development Executive (BDE) to join our Outdoor, Everyday Services, and Cleaning & Handy team. This is a crucial role that will lay a solid foundation for new business development in our vertical. The Enterprise Sales Team is looking for a Business Development Executive who has a passion for seeking and developing new customer relationships, building a pipeline of qualified prospects, building a mid-market partnership portfolio, and driving incremental business for our company. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, sales-driven individual who is keen on understanding the metrics of an enterprise partnership and has a passion for connecting with businesses on a larger scale. You will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, and collaborate closely with the vertical team, on pipeline building and contract negotiation strategies.
The Business Development team is responsible for creating and managing programs that increase service professional acquisition and retention into the Angi networks. On a regular basis, we prospect for new strategic partnership opportunities. Once new partnerships are finalized, we orchestrate the next steps with multiple internal departments to successfully launch our programs. Once launched, we team up with our Strategic Partnerships Account Management team to provide strategic guidance and best practices to deliver and increase overall program success for our partners. We formalize new relationships that secure millions of dollars in revenue each year, and with that comes an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that plays a pivotal role in the overall growth of the company.
As a Business Development Executive in the Enterprise Sales group, your role will include:
- Identifying and building relationships with some of the largest mid-market trade-facing organizations in the business. This includes opportunities with franchisors, associations, enterprise companies, and other mid-size organizations that meet strategic partner qualifications.
- Collaborating with leaders of these companies (often Director, VP, and C-Level) to sell new partnership opportunities, conduct contract negotiations, strategize marketing plans, and develop growth opportunities to help their company or their network of service professionals successfully participate and use Angi to grow their business.
- Each new strategic partner opportunity is different, and each approach is unique, so you start by building new relationships and formalizing new partnerships. Identify opportunities with partners that include; delivery of leads, software solutions, and other outside-the-box solutions.
- Through a combination of prospecting, market penetration, attendance at trade shows, and face-to-face meetings with prospects, executives, and client interactions, you're growing the Business Development partnership customer base.
- Analyze the Outdoor, Everyday Services, Cleaning & Handy industries and identify candidates for mid-market partnerships.
- Create and successfully present business solutions both in-person and online to executives and large audiences to build Angi awareness and affinity within the partnership.
- Work to make contact with prospects. This involves persistent cold calling, emailing, social media outreach, and other methods the BDE may test and find to be successful.
- Work effectively and professionally with all departments across the organization.
- Effectively communicate with leadership the status of prospecting, negotiations, contract agreements, new partnership launches, growth, and potential risks in all opportunities.
Skills & Requirements:
- You have 3+ years of sales experience working with mid-sized businesses that generate at least $5M in annual revenue.
- Results-driven with a passion to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Business acumen, preferably in the home services space, and/or a thirst for knowledge and drive to learn deeply about our partners’ industries and businesses.
- You are a confident, strategic thinker, with an ability to research and uncover new unidentified opportunities.
- Ability to overcome roadblocks with creative solutions.
- You have a natural desire to keep up with industry trends and always adapt and evolve with new sales techniques.
- You are tactful and resilient in challenging situations, and innovative in evaluating new business opportunities.
- Receptive to coaching opportunities and quick to adapt new methods as appropriate.
- Some travel required, 15-20%.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $60K/yr Base + Commission (OTE $120K)
- Medical, dental & vision coverage (including options 100% subsidized by Angi!)
- Retirement plan with company match (401K) through Charles Schwab
- Company Equity Program
- Company match of personal charitable contributions up to $15,000 per year
- Generous PTO including sick, personal, vacation, volunteer time and 9 paid holidays
- Technical equipment provided
Angi Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.