At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
This role will be situated within the Business Development team under the broader Business and Corporate Development (BCD) function. BCD works very closely with senior leaders across Plaid to help accelerate the company’s mission through M&A, investments, product partnerships, and strategic initiatives. The role will focus specifically on product partnerships with the Core Team. The Core Team is the goal-based team responsible for the majority of Plaid’s current products such as account information (Auth, Balance, and Identity) as well as transaction and asset information (Liabilities, Investments, Transactions)
You will be responsible for developing relationships with key product partners and identifying, diligencing, and contracting with new partners to support our Core product roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Plaid. If you’re passionate about broadening consumer financial access, helping drive the foundation of FinTech innovation, and leading high-impact partnerships, we’d love to talk to you!
What Excites You:
- Partnering closely with Core leads to accelerate Plaid’s product portfolio through strategy development, market discovery, competitive intelligence, target sourcing/development, and M&A.
- Leading the end-to-end deal process for new product partners from discovery to scoping to evaluation to contract signing.
- Growing existing product partnerships and ensuring they continue to generate mutual value.
- Building and refining scalable processes and best practices for Plaid’s Business and Corporate Development (BCD) function.
- Developing strong cross-functional relationships with Plaid’s Product, GTM, Business Operations, Legal, and Policy teams.
What Excites Us:
- Prior experience scoping, evaluating, and negotiating product partnerships that are first of their kind.
- Deep experience and strong network in consumer financial services and a passion for shaping the products which will define the space moving forward.
- Track record of managing senior external relationships as the primary owner.
- Experience managing enterprise partner relationships.
- A strong operational mindset and the ability to manage multiple complex, cross-functional workstreams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
More Information on Plaid
Plaid operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Plaid was founded in 2013. It has 1012 total employees. To see all 127 open jobs at Plaid, click here.
Read Full Job Description