Role: Agency Support Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas
Reports To: Team Lead, Agency Support
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
Hippo Insurance Agency is seeking an experienced insurance professional who is willing to think outside the box with a whole new approach to policy servicing. This position will be cross-functional and work hand in hand with our Sales, Service and Underwriting organizations to maximize profitable growth and expansion while providing exceptional customer service to our customers and carriers.
- You love helping people, have a natural empathy for others and helping them find solutions and solve problems
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with others
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Sales team
- Provide superb customer and carrier support and assistance via phone, chat and email
- You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers, you act with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Process remarkets quickly and thoroughly
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
- Prior experience in Personal Lines insurance is required
- Experience in an independent agency preferred
- P&C License is also necessary
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.