Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion and 350+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the third time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating (4.9 out of 5!) reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for smart people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems. We expect our Account Executives (AEs) to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, if solved, may generate exponential returns on investment. At Alation, we ask our AEs to play the strategic role of drawing critical insights from our client experiences and shaping the best solution. In the process, they bring feedback to our business so we can evolve.
We are seeking a dynamic and strategic Account Executive with knowledge in data analytics or business intelligence to drive the adoption of Alation’s data catalog.
This AE covers the East Coast territory.
Life at Alation:
- Fast and fulfilling. We get excited about our work and move the ball forward.
- Aggressive yet fair goals. You will feel challenged and rewarded for meeting those challenges head on.
- Constantly improving. We experiment on our ideas and hone them into best practices.
- Working as a team. Marketing and sales are in sync and working towards the same goals.
- People first. Intelligence and humility are prized.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Maximize potential and drive incremental growth across our client portfolio by selling into new and existing accounts. The job is both hunting and farming. You will have sales development reps, sales engineers and customer success managers to help you establish, develop and maintain your territory.
- Open, develop and win new opportunities.
- Develop effective relationships to serve as a trusted advisor with major customers.
- Develop trusted relationships between people at our clients and Alation.
- Make commitments and deliver. Our customers’ success begins with you.
- Work in collaboration with our partners - grow and improve.
- Negotiate large contracts. Build critical relationships with the Fortune 500 companies.
- Understand the locals. Tailor playbooks for your region.
- Improve LTV/CAC. Look it up, it’s great.
You Should Have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in Enterprise Sales.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards an individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
More Information on Alation
Alation operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Redwood City,, CA. Alation was founded in 2012. It has 411 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 31 open jobs at Alation, click here.
Read Full Job Description