Technical Program Manager (L3), Twilio Engage at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Technical Program Manager.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
Twilio is the world’s leading customer engagement platform empowering developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We send over 3 billion emails on behalf of our customers on a daily basis. We seek an inspired and technical individual to join our Twilio Engage Operations team. This team consists of Technical Program Managers and Product Operations Managers who are dedicated to ensure successful product launches and smooth execution frameworks. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading programs and projects that develop and evolve systems and features that impact millions of users and their customers.
You will be responsible for facilitating teams to reach our aggressive product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. You will ensure team collaboration and quickly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, track and report progress, all while leveraging best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our programs. You will be partnering and collaborating with Product and Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders across BU’s, to craft and deliver on our highest priority programs. This role is critical in supporting Twilio Engage growth efforts and touches all stages of the product development lifecycle.
If you are excited about building and leading programs and projects while creating clarity within ambiguous environments with a highly dedicated team to build something great, you may be a fantastic fit.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and lead cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion with some oversight
- Drive towards continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspecting & adapting practices to work with agile teams to improve project delivery
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly in order to problem solve and drive decision-making effectively
- Identify and escalate gaps and risks across organizations.
- Align senior leaders on program priorities. Regularly communicate program risks and align leaders on solutions.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive solutions and tasks to completion
- Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Program Management across the organization
- Influence and execute across cross functional teams
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in technical program management, project management, or operational role.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work
- Experience leading and managing the successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional integrations & platform program initiatives
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish rapport with various cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to create clarity and movement in ambiguous situations with a passion to deliver innovative solutions at scale
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to think clearly, problem-solve and prioritize
- Ability to adapt to and manage change.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Certification in Project Management or relevant discipline
- Experience in Agile Program Management
- Experience in establishing and driving the adoption of program frameworks, tools, and best practices
- Experience working with SaaS product, CDPs, replatform programs
This role will be fully remote.
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280.00 - $136,600.00
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]