Technical Program Manager, Disaster Recovery at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for an agile, creative and analytical Technical Program Manager (TPM), Disaster Recovery (DR) to build and scale the DR program from the ground-up. We seek a tech-fluent leader to comfortably interface with the engineering and IT teams that lead our recovery work. Your work portfolio will grow and encompass exercises, tests, tracking remediation and training across teams and time-zones. You are equally technical and creative when devising worst-case scenarios and like wrapping your arms around risk management challenges on your own and while working within teams.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
Technical Program Management: the TPM will govern, in collaboration with engineering / IT system owners, technical testing for critical platforms, systems and data:
- Test planning / metrics (RTO and RPO etc.)
- DR system owner training
- Tracking remediation
- SME on third-party DR risk
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing and standardizing DR testing, documentation and training
- You influence and drive toward fast and complex decisions involving various stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with technical / non-technical stakeholders to drive alignment
- You are willing to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- Experience applying Lean, Agile, ITIL, Toyota Kata or process improvement to previous workflows
- Expert at coordinating highly technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of urgency in high-intensity environments
- Problem-solve by designing, improving and scaling procedures
- Shift agilely between ops, project management and strategy to drive the program’s success
- You are comfortable operating on an unpaved road to construct the program
Nice to haves:
- IT or engineering background
- Business continuity planning/DR certifications e.g. DRII, BCI, etc.
- Fintech, tech or financial services work history
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.