Senior Technical Program Manager - MSS at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager to join our Merchandising Systems team in Dania Beach, Florida. Our team’s mission is to be the backbone for Chewy’s Category, Pricing & Vendor team by design, and develop world-class system prototypes helping them to win long-term customer trust, business growth, and profitability. The Merchandising Systems team is responsible for creating & deploy new concept prototypes related to application, system & services supporting standardization, optimization, automation, and process infrastructure of Chewy Merchandise business & operations.
This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability, light weight integrations and maintainability while collaborating with our internal engineering/IT teams, system engineers and software architects
We are seeking an innovative Technical Program Manager to contribute to the development of new technology products for our company. In this role, your duties will include overseeing the various stages of product development and collaborating with the software development team. You will also be responsible for the deployment and integration of new products. To ensure success as a Technical Program Manager, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management in a related industry. Top-notch Technical Program Managers combine their business knowledge with technological expertise to promote product innovation.
What You will Do:
- Lead Merchandising system upgrade with emphasis on business requirement design, process control and metric determination
- Build (from scratch, if needed) operational workflows and reporting frameworks for scalable process implementation
- Assess risks and create mitigation plans for business-critical processes
- Proactively create analytics to monitor metrics and trends to improve Merchandising operations
- Resolve systems and tools conflicts, reconcile discrepancies, act as the escalation point and make informed decisions based on business intelligence
- Identify, on-board and integrate internal and external data sets and services in order to surface actionable insights for the Merchandising team
- Develop self-service dashboards for analyst teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate cross functionally with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Technology, and other departments to translate merchandising data and analytic insights into scalable and actionable business processes
- Agile project management: Planning and managing project/product development stages.
- Ensuring that products are delivered on time and within budget
- Overseeing product deployment and integration
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards
What You will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or a related degree with quantitative emphasis. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of related work experience and demonstrated track record of innovation and impact.
- Advanced application of SQL, Tableau, Power BI and Excel or other data visualization tools to understand business problems.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as R or Python a plus
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments with speed and commitment to quality
- High degree of proficiency with executing complex data analysis
- Ability to translate operational workflow optimization into Financial KPIs and P&L impacts.
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]